Ipod Question

I bought a 30gb ipod classic(video) when it first came out and I had a 2 year warranty I believe, either way it is up. Well my battery stop working so I bought a new one and while I was putting it in I cracked the screen and the battery still didn't work. So my question is should I pay to have it fix through apple 129.99 or buy a new one. I would perfer a 30gb ipod. Thanks for the help.

Why didn't it work? did you try replacing the LCD? I've fixed my ipod video 30gb, I changed the battery as well as the headphone jack because sound only came out of one earbud and I did it ok

[quote name='joldko']buy a 30gb last gen zune... like 60 bucks at target[/quote]
Do you have a link or anything? I don't have a target where I live, about 45 minutes away. The Meijer in my town has $100 dollar 30gb Zune, but none in stock.

$130 is too much to repair such an old player, IMO.

I would recommend to buy a used iPod of the same generation if you can. I've never used a Zune, but I'd imagine that if all you care about is playing mp3s and you have Windows, you'll be fine. I don't recommend buying a new iPod Classic though, because I have one, and it's a major disappointment. Stick to the older iPods, they're better.

A used 30gb video 5th gen is usually in the price range of about $90 you just have to shop around for it so I would say it is NOT worth it.

In my opinion for $130 I'd just go ahead and go after an 80Gb iPod classic (since they no longer make 30GB models). Just think of it this way the extra space can be used as a backup drive for your music library. Just my two cents.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']Just wait about a month or two. I AM, decided last week instead of purchasing a classic.[/quote]

If you can wait, I would go with this. They may debut the new Ipod models either this fall or next spring.

bread's done
Back