IPod

gwar616

CAG Veteran
My IPod recently died on me, and I need to get a new one. I was wondering if IPods are included in any of those 5 or 10% off coupons that come around every so often? If so I will wait for the next one of those, but if not does anyone think I should get it at a specific store? Thanks for any help.

I would definitely get a refurbished one. Just as good as new, only cheaper. Buy.com has refurbished ones with free shipping. Also, check out dodtracker.com. They track deal of day sites. About twice a week you'll see a decent iPod.

Those coupons generally have no Apple products in the exclusion list.

If you can wait, there's rumors that Apple's gonna release the new version of Ipods next month (suppose to be a 3g Iphone and 64 GB Ipod Touch so far).

I got my 80gb Video Classic refurbished for $170 shipped on ebay. Saving over $90 (original price + tax + shipping) is not bad at all!

When did you get the Ipod? You may still be able to get a free repair for it at Apple.com, just enter the serial number and it will tell you if you're able to or not.

Buy refurbished straight from Apple. I've done that twice and been really pleased with it. You can get a 4GB nano for $99, or the 8GB ones for $149 - of course the higher capacity ipods are also discounted.

Comes brand new with the same 1-year warranty on all Apple products.

don't get an ipod... get a cowon D2 and utilize its robust playback

that is, if you prefer functionality over looks...

Alright, thanks for the help. I think I will probably wait a little while to see about the new ipods that are released, but if I can't wait I guess I will go with a refurbished one.

I've had my Ipod for 3 years now so I cant get the free repair from Apple.

Does anyone think I should get a different kind of MP3 player? I've never tried any other kinds, but if it can hold over 30 GBs, and has good reviews, im down to try it.

Also, does anybody own one of the IPod Classics? I've heard mixed reviews about them. Originally, my plan was gonna be to get a 80GB IPod Classic, but now that doesn't seem like a good idea. any suggestions on that?

[quote name='gwar616']

Does anyone think I should get a different kind of MP3 player? I've never tried any other kinds, but if it can hold over 30 GBs, and has good reviews, im down to try it.

Also, does anybody own one of the IPod Classics? I've heard mixed reviews about them. Originally, my plan was gonna be to get a 80GB IPod Classic, but now that doesn't seem like a good idea. any suggestions on that?[/QUOTE]

I don't have anything against other MP3 players but just remember if you have purchased anything from the iTunes store, you're going to have to burn those tracks to CD and then rip them to MP3s (and if the oter player doesn't like AACs and you just imported using that setting you'll have to re-import all of those tracks too). I'm just giving you the heads up on Apple's lock in strategy.

As for buying refurbished, if you buy from apple (apple.com/store the refurb section in on the lower left side) then I'd see no reason not to buy refurb. I bought an iMac that way in January and saved a lot of money on something that looks and acts perfect. Besides you get the same warranty as buying a brand new product from Apple.

EDIT: The new iPods probably won't be introduced until September so just keep that in mind while thinking about everything.

I also agree about getting a refurbished iPod from Apple. Two or so years ago, I got a 4G 20GB iPod for $99, a great price then and now.

I did have the iPod sad face appear last year, but dropping it on a floor waist-high fixed it.

bread's done
Back