IRS : "Oops we lost all the Lois Lerner emails because our computer crashed"

Lois Lerner's computer crashed on June 12, 2011. The crash the resulted in her missing e-mails. She reported it on June 13, 2011 (the next day) 

She first  learns on June 29th, 2011 of the potential targeting.  Yes there were other crashes but the time of Lerner's doesn't add up unless you want to believe that the IRS has a black budget for a time machine...NEXT! 

As has already been mentioned, the crash happened approx. 10 days after the IRS had received communication regarding the supposed targeting of particular political groups. Ten days is a long time.

you mean the June 3 letter NOT sent to the person in the thread title?  The letter which in no way about the IRS targeting certain groups ?( the letter was largely about the enforcement of a gift tax)... The letter sent on a Friday... with 2 weekends in between the Lerner computer crash ( Math fun...5 days isn't as long a time as 10 days).

Sure thing... I guess vague terms such as "communication" works for you. But I require a little more due diligence. 

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/uploadedfiles/non_6103_ltr_final.pdf

( yes there is a chance...this somehow got to Lerner, she freaked and caused her computer to crash. Not good enough to completely crash..not good enough to crash everyone's email...but somehow good enough to leave a trace anywhere else....but I guess everyone has to believe in something)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lois Lerner's computer crashed on June 12, 2011. The crash the resulted in her missing e-mails. She reported it on June 13, 2011 (the next day)

She first learns on June 29th, 2011 of the potential targeting. Yes there were other crashes but the time of Lerner's doesn't add up unless you want to believe that the IRS has a black budget for a time machine...NEXT!
Lemme guess... this is the IRS reporting this?

you mean the June 3 letter NOT sent to the person in the thread title? The letter which in no way about the IRS targeting certain groups ?
Wha?

"Now, with no warning, the IRS appears to have selectively targeted certain taxpayers who are engaged in political speech."

How is that "in no way about the IRS targeting certain groups"? It's almost like you took the words right out of the letter, then added the word "not".

The letter sent on a Friday... with 2 weekends in between the Lerner computer crash ( Math fun...5 days isn't as long a time as 10 days).
Five days is still a long time. I mean, seriously, how long would it take to destroy the evidence in this case, if that's what someone wanted to do? Not to mention, *if* that was what is going on in this case, considering jail time and all, I would think someone wouldn't mind logging a few hours on a weekend to get the job done. I know, I know... we're talking about government employees... working weekends generally isn't their thing.

yes there is a chance...this somehow got to Lerner[...]
You mean that when the Commissioner of the IRS gets a letter about exempt organizations that he might possibly... just maybe... there's a very small chance... even if it's really, really small... that he might have forwarded this letter to the person within the IRS that is the head of Exempt Organizations Unit?

It's mighty fine of you to concede that point.

Here's what happened:

Since they knew she was going to get grilled over this shit, they destroyed the hard drive. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. If is leaked that Obama had commanded this, it would give a good reason to impeach him.

Of course impeaching him would only make Joe Biden president, and he may have the ability to be worse than Obama. 

Yes, I have less faith in Joe Biden than I do Obama.

I love to see liberals defend a corrupt and incompetent gov't and then lambaste private corporations for enacting policies that benefit them and are actually legal. Even Jon Stewart is calling out the gov't on this BS. I work with the public and depend on public trust to do my job effectively. Even the slightest illusion of impropriety on my part can destroy that trust. The gov't would do well in recognizing this and creating true transparency in their practices.

I love to see liberals defend a corrupt and incompetent gov't and then lambaste private corporations for enacting policies that benefit them and are actually legal. Even Jon Stewart is calling out the gov't on this BS. I work with the public and depend on public trust to do my job effectively. Even the slightest illusion of impropriety on my part can destroy that trust. The gov't would do well in recognizing this and creating true transparency in their practices.
You mean like getting paid to sleep? :roll:

I love how this is some sort of conspiracy when the hdd corrupted, server info expired, and THEN when emails were recovered by recipients, it's STILL somehow a scandal.

You mean like getting paid to sleep? :roll:

I love how this is some sort of conspiracy when the hdd corrupted, server info expired, and THEN when emails were recovered by recipients, it's STILL somehow a scandal.
You know, and while we're at it, we still haven't seen a long form birth certificate!

So the IRS admits not following the law and policies, yet our resident libs still defend them and see no issues.....

Ego, you have to keep in mind - the folks here honestly don't see an issue with one of the most powerful government agencies making a blanket determination about a large group of people based upon a smaller subset of people within that group, then setting policy based upon these pre-determined assumptions.

Oh yeah, the IRS also targeted liberal progressives with just the same if not more scrutiny, a fact that was lost to a bunch of knobs when this "scandal" erupted. http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2014/04/23/3429722/irs-records-tea-party/

The media effin' said that about half of those targeted were Tea Party groups. I'm no mathematician, but I'm pretty sure half is less than the 100% Darrell Issa and his lazy colleagues are whining about every damn day.

They should just cut this crap out of the tax code already. If you're going to be a political group that actively campaigns against social welfare rather than one that actually gives it, you better pay your taxes.

Of course this doesn't matter because... Benghazi!

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/lauretta-brown/us-archivist-irs-not-reporting-lost-emails-they-did-not-follow-law

The exchange between Rep. Walberg and Archivist David Ferriero occurred as follows:

Walberg: “Thank you Mr. Chairman, Mr. Ferriero, just to review a bit in your testimony, you state that when agencies become aware of unauthorized destruction of federal records that they are required to report the incidents to the Archives. At any time in 2011, through last Monday [June 16], did the IRS report any loss of records related to Lois Lerner?”

Ferriero:  “No.”

Walberg: “Is it fair to say that the IRS broke the Federal Records Act?”

Ferriero: “They are required, any agency is required to notify us when they realize they have a problem that could be destruction or disposal, unauthorized disposal.”

Walberg: “But they didn’t do that?”

Ferriero: “That’s right.”

Walberg: “Did they break the law?”

Ferrerio: “I’m not a lawyer.”

Walberg: “But you administer the Federal Records Act.”

Ferriero: “I do.”

Walberg: “If they didn’t follow it, can we safely assume they broke the law?”

Ferriero: “They did not follow the law.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/06/irs-admits-leaking-confidential-information-used-against-mitt-romney-in-2012-elections/

Two years after activists for same-sex marriage obtained the confidential tax return and donor list of a national group opposed to redefining marriage, the Internal Revenue Service has admitted wrongdoing and agreed to settle the resulting lawsuit.

The Daily Signal has learned that, under a consent judgment today, the IRS agreed to pay $50,000 in damages to the National Organization for Marriage as a result of the unlawful release of the confidential information to a gay rights group, the Human Rights Campaign, that is NOM’s chief political rival.

“Congress made the disclosure of confidential tax return information a serious matter for a reason,” NOM Chairman John D. Eastman told The Daily Signal. “We’re delighted that the IRS has now been held accountable for the illegal disclosure of our list of major donors from our tax return.”

Yep, no corruption or scandal is possible in the IRS...... fuck it, I'm going surfing.....

Oh yeah, the IRS also targeted liberal progressives with just the same if not more scrutiny, a fact that was lost to a bunch of knobs when this "scandal" erupted. http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2014/04/23/3429722/irs-records-tea-party/
The media effin' said that about half of those targeted were Tea Party groups. I'm no mathematician, but I'm pretty sure half is less than the 100% Darrell Issa and his lazy colleagues are whining about every damn day.
A.) Did you actually link to ThinkProgress? With all the crap folks give on here for linking to sources with agendas?
B.) This ThinkProgress article is BS. Nothing about it actually talks about specific groups that were targeted - just "key words" that staff was to look for. So, if my group said something like "We're trying to establish a counter-point against the progressive agenda; to put a stop to efforts to legalize medical marijuana" - it'd highlight my group.

They should just cut this crap out of the tax code already. If you're going to be a political group that actively campaigns against social welfare rather than one that actually gives it, you better pay your taxes.
Why not just charge taxes on all political groups period? Tax any kind of political spending?

Wow nearly released emails released today caught Lois Lerner calling conservatives "assholes" and "crazies" that need to be out of power.

I guess they aren't calling this a phony scandal anymore. It is amazing how these liberals think they can get away with murder. They are disgusting.

Its funny they have been calling Benghazi phony for a while as well. It is more like they have just been told to shut up to make not Obummer look bad.

I really don't care what she thinks, but the illusion of impropriety in a position of power is enough to shred whatever trust the public has in the IRS or any gov't institution. I work damn hard to make sure that the public always has a professional, trustworthy view of me as a lowly firefighter for just this reason. I can't believe how stupid some of our supposed college educated gov't people are to not get this. People boycott Chik-Fil-A for its beliefs, how can you boycott the IRS?

I really don't care what she thinks, but the illusion of impropriety in a position of power is enough to shred whatever trust the public has in the IRS or any gov't institution. I work damn hard to make sure that the public always has a professional, trustworthy view of me as a lowly firefighter for just this reason. I can't believe how stupid some of our supposed college educated gov't people are to not get this. People boycott Chik-Fil-A for its beliefs, how can you boycott the IRS?
Exactly even if you did think ALL conservatives are assholes because you are a left wing radical. The IRS is setting a dangerous precedent and the next time Republicans get in power you can damn well bet they will have retribution and seek out some liberal targets. But of course Obama only thinks in the present and has no foresight whatsoever.

Just don't get all pissy if this ever happens under the Republicans. Liberals only have themselves to blame and they will look hypocritical.

Just don't get all pissy if this ever happens under the Republicans. Liberals only have themselves to blame and they will look hypocritical.
As opposed to the Republicans who will defend it to the death and say it's okay "because Obama did it" (ignoring all their supposed convictions about why it was wrong before)?

Welcome to politics, I guess.

Just remember the same groups who are so appalled at IRS just so happen to want us to go to war with almost everyone...  Wonder where that money is going to come from?

LOL.... The Tea been spiked

As opposed to the Republicans who will defend it to the death and say it's okay "because Obama did it" (ignoring all their supposed convictions about why it was wrong before)?

Welcome to politics, I guess.
Obama more than any other president has been super vindictive and arrogant in how he has governed and there is going to be a price to pay when/IF Republicans get control of Congress and the White House. Just don't be surprised and basically nobody can whine unless they have Alzheimer's.

And its not even Obama, he is too dumb to really know what is going on. It is Valerie Jarret and his handlers of course. This is why he always has to say "I found out about this crisis in the newspapers" over and OVER. This is of course a lie but it points to the fact of how clueless he is.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/05/report-irs-admits-its-been-hacked-tax-info-stolen-for-100000-plus/

We all know the IRS is still running like Windows 95, and has a terrible IT system. Well it got hacked recently and over 100,000 Americans had their financial information exposed to fraudsters. What will Congress do now? Say the IRS is ineffectual and instead of giving it IT gear and security as strong as the military, they're going to cut their funding even more. That's what always happens.

I don't think it can really be classified as a "hack" when it's working as intended, can it?

I've never been a fan of the password recovery systems that ask questions like "What county have you lived in?". It's not hard to figure something like that out if you know your target.

bread's done
Back