Is a brand new sealed ORIGINAL Smash Bros. Melee worth anything?

icecubedx5

CAGiversary!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8248890942&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

It had a "Buy it Now" for $34.99 but I made a "Best Offer" for $24.99 and they accepted.

Doesn't mention anything about Player's Choice or Best Seller but all the way at the bottom someone asked which version and they replied ORIGINAL.

Then when I won the item, before I paid, I asked one more time if they could confirm it is the original and there was no logo ANYWHERE showing it was the Best Seller or PC version.

I also heard that the original version had some awesome glitch.

Anyways did I get a "pretty okay" buy or was it a good deal? Granted it ain't like its Final Fantasy VII Black Label sealed for $24.99, is it still a good purchase? I paid $30 in total which is what a store like BB, CC, or TRU charges.

Yeah, I mean I'd rather bay $30 for an original than a greatest hits version so you did alright there. I wouldn't expect to be turning around and making any money off of it in a couple years or anything like that.

I think it could have the best seller's logo. It could still be considered an original version to most people with the best seller's logo, even though to a collector it makes a difference. If I was to sell one of my games with the best seller logo, I would mention it.

This may be the "Best Seller" version, but even if it has no "Best Seller" logo, there are LOTS of original copies of this game still.

I myself bought a new one a month ago for about $23 US including shipping, and it came without any logos. The seller also had plenty of copies left at the time.

I bought an original one w/o the best seller logo at GameRush couple months ago for $30. Since I had a lot of store credit I figured it was worth it anyway.

as far as THE glitch, it has a few:
samus' bombs at the neck of corneria sends character through the neck
ness yoyo glitch
link bomb raid
roy's reverse up+b sends light characters to death at 0%

i'm sure there's more...

Believe it or not, the Player's Choice version is actually the rarest one.

bread's done
Back