Is a Dreamcast (+ one controller) worth $25

It depends what condition it is in. DCs are about $20 (IIRC) at Ebgames.com (not including coupons, tax and shipping). If its in great condition and hasn't really been played, then it may be an ok deal.

It's worth it because there's a huge community around the Dreamcast but I don't know how high 25 is. I haven't seen many lately and I think the cheapest I saw was 20.

Does it come with the original box? The EB ones usually are in the EB cardboard plain box w/ DC on it, so it might be worth the premium if you get the original box & docs with the system.

If you don't have any games at all, you may want to seek an auction with several games you wanted to get included. If anything, you'll get things bundled together and won't have to pay 3$ for a game and 5$ for shipping per game. I still play my DC, so it's worth checking out just for some of the original Sega titles.

well see.. your question of "is a dreamcast worth $25" is a simple one, yes!! a dc is worth its weight in gold IMHO.. its one of the best systems ever created.. but, had the question been "is $25 a smart price to pay for the dreamcast according to current market value" my answer would have been no, you can usually find one at your local stores for 19.99 or less... as mentioned above, 25 with the original box would be worth the price..

[quote name='deathcabforcutie']well see.. your question of "is a dreamcast worth $25" is a simple one, yes!! a dc is worth its weight in gold IMHO.. its one of the best systems ever created.. but, had the question been "is $25 a smart price to pay for the dreamcast according to current market value" my answer would have been no, you can usually find one at your local stores for 19.99 or less... as mentioned above, 25 with the original box would be worth the price..[/QUOTE]

Listen to this man...He is wise. Plus he has great taste in music

[quote name='megaseadramon']Dreamcast is my favorite system out of the 20 systems i have, the games are just fun and cheap. I say take a dive and go for it[/QUOTE]

I agree, but you should *take the dive* by getting a used one off ebgames.com for 19.99 (or cheaper) with free shipping.

bread's done
Back