Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? RON PAUL SAYS YES!

Revolution

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
He's the only shot we have at restoring America. If you don't think so, tell me why.

Original:Are you a Ron Paul fan?

Just wondering, because I'm one and would like to see if there are any like minded gamers out there. Thanks for any replies!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crystalklear64']fuck off back to 4chan[/QUOTE]

Seriously? What the heck does that even mean? Don't bother if you can't make sense of the topic.

[quote name='Habbler']I like Trump. He cleared the air for the real issues to be discussed.[/QUOTE]

That's an interesting thought. But don't you think we ought to have focused on the real issues the whole time? Btw, what do you consider to be real issues? Personally, I don't think Trump has any electa'bility since he has switched parties in the past and focuses on entertainment over issues that affect the very fibre of this nation. Also, Paul has a consistent voting record spanning 40 years. Thanks for your postings, I look forward to your replies.

I'm a Ron Paul supporter, but I'm kind of missing the point of this thread. Not really vs. forum material. In any event, the issues are more important than the figure.

People with two first names are abominations in the eyes of the LORD. They will burn in hell with the sodomites and the people who make lawyers-in-hell jokes.

I dont agree with him 100%, he rejects the theory of evolution and is a creationist for one. But absolutely I think he was by far the best candidate in the last elections. I would absolutely vote for him again if he was the best candidate. He seemed like the realest candidate I can remember.

HUGE Ron Paul fan. First became aware of him in the Republican primary debate where he said, regarding the Middle East "They don't hate us because of our freedoms, they hate us because we're bombing their homes." To see Rudy Giuliani get all flustered and almost crap his pants told me I had a new political hero. I was so stunned by an honest comment like that, I actually got up and told my wife about this guy and we started reading up on him online right then.

He's got some whacky ideas, but I adore his thoughts on foreign policy. Some of his stances are a little too dependant on perfect world scenarios and could never happen, but if he did half of what he'd like to, I would be elated. It will be interesting to see if he's marginalized in all the debates like they tried to do last time by not asking him questions. I love that he speaks what he believes instead of just regurgitating a bunch of party talking points.

[quote name='The Crotch']People with two first names are abominations in the eyes of the LORD. They will burn in hell with the sodomites and the people who make lawyers-in-hell jokes.[/QUOTE]

And people with three first names are serial killers!

The problem with Ron Paul is that, even if he says some reasonable shit every now and then, he's a career politician. If you actually want change you should have voted for Ralph Nader (if you were able) or at the very least find the candidate that speaks for the consumer and not for the corporation. Tricky thing is that they may speak like that, but behind closed doors take in as much money as any other obvious corporate schill.

Not a huge fan, but I liked him much more than anyone else last election so I wrote in Ron Paul.

For the record, Donald Trump is a jackass and that was before the birther nonsense.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont agree with him 100%, he rejects the theory of evolution and is a creationist for one. But absolutely I think he was by far the best candidate in the last elections. I would absolutely vote for him again if he was the best candidate. He seemed like the realest candidate I can remember.[/QUOTE]

I agree with what someone else said and will try not to make this a "vs" thread. However, there may be an error in what you said, ShockandAww. I think Ron Paul believes in evolution. He says so in his new book, Liberty Defined. He says " My personal view is that recognizing the validity of an evolutionary process does not support atheism nor should it diminish one's view about God and the universe". Its a bit open ended, and he is trying to please both sides, however he is an MD and a student of science. Thanks for the replies, keep them coming. I will be happy to listen to any counter arguments as well.

[quote name='nasum']And people with three first names are serial killers!

The problem with Ron Paul is that, even if he says some reasonable shit every now and then, he's a career politician. If you actually want change you should have voted for Ralph Nader (if you were able) or at the very least find the candidate that speaks for the consumer and not for the corporation. Tricky thing is that they may speak like that, but behind closed doors take in as much money as any other obvious corporate schill.[/QUOTE]

I totally hear where you are coming from. I figure its worth a shot for Ron Paul and if it turns out that he truly is the same, then I won't bother being involved again. I think he at least won't accept money from select special interest, such as foreign lobbies and the federal reserve or anything trying to hedge monetary policy. Thats what his body guards told me as I waited in line to meet him in NYC.

sean-paul-1.jpg

RJ Harris, Libertarian candidate for president:

Abortion:
The due process and equal protection provided by the fifth and fourteenth amendments to all persons, including unborn persons, makes abortion unconstitutional. What is in order then is not an activist court ruling, but a Constitutional Amendment defining the beginning of personhood. Until such time as this well overdue legislation is passed, I will use the full power of my office to protect the lives of the unborn Citizens of this Republic. Without Life there is neither Liberty nor Property. The Congresses of the 19th Century had a Supreme Court ruling to hide behind which stripped the personhood of the Republic’s Black Citizens so as to keep them in bondage. The Supreme Court rulings we have today allowing the murder of the Republic’s Unborn Citizens are no better and neither is our Congress for hiding behind them.
Ron Paul:

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]A pro-life culture can be built only from the ground up, person by person. For too long we have viewed the battle as purely political, but no political victory can change a degraded culture. A pro-life culture must arise from each of us as individuals, not by the edict of an amoral federal government.[/FONT]

Clearly, the guy is personally pro-life (I chose that quote to reflect his personal views). Legislatively, however... not so much. Having cake and eating it too, more or less.

We'll never have an amendment defining the beginning of "personhood" because no one could agree on that. According to most conservatives it begins when a guy thinks about fucking someone.

well you can have your abortion and eat it too, but it doesn't change the fact that it's never going to go away. But I suppose you could make it illegal, thereby forcing people giving and getting them to be criminals but still fund abortion cartels around the world for some interesting reason a la the Drug War. Actually, that'd be rather humorous come to think of it.

[quote name='Clak']We'll never have an amendment defining the beginning of "personhood" because no one could agree on that. According to most conservatives it begins when a guy thinks about fucking someone.[/QUOTE]

Aren't you one of the folks that gets up in arms over horribly overreaching statements? (lolitwasajokehahaha)...

As for the first half of your statement - I bet there was some dissent over virtually every amendment to the Constitution ever. I'm sure there were some that disagreed with abolishing slavery. I know there were those that disagreed with various amendments regarding voting requirements. We don't have to have 100% consensus to pass an amendment.

However... an amendment that defines when "personhood" begins? That's an interesting idea. That's a debate I tend to avoid, but always love to hear justifications one way or the other...

It's impossible to define when life begins because it isn't scientific fact, it's all opinion.

bob, you need to relax my friend. If you can't take a little humorous exaggeration, just stop now.

What concerns me with the pro abortion stance, is the behavior it will influence. It basically sends out the message to not be careful with your sexual practices because there is a remedy for the consequences. Also, I feel that it sends out a message that we don't care about the weak and small. On the other hand, what life is a child born to a crack addict going to have or why should a victim of rape be forced to go through with the pregnancy.

Take this as you will, but a spiritual healer told me that the soul becomes present around the fifth or sixth month of pregnancy and that the body has to be created first. However, an abortion of a soul-less body is still marked down as a destruction of God's creation. I am in no way imposing this information on anyone as fact, merely putting it out there for discussion.

[quote name='Revolution']
Take this as you will, but a spiritual healer told me that the soul becomes present around the fifth or sixth month of pregnancy and that the body has to be created first.[/QUOTE]

whatthecocks]

What kills me the most is that conservatives would like to outlaw abortion, yet they also want to dismantle welfare programs that would help support that now living child. So it's basically "We want you to have the kid, but once it's born fuck it, you're on your own".

And to be completely honest, the world has no shortage of people. We're not all special snowflakes. I do wish people would act more responsibly, but we frankly don't need anymore unwanted children. Maybe if we taught people about birth control when they're growing up that could be helped, but conservatives think that would just turn teenagers into sex fiends or something, as if they aren't already. So no birth control, but no abortion either, that's a great combo.

Welfare programs don't need to be dismantled entirely, but they damn sure need to be audited and drug tests should be required. If I need a drug test to get a job they you should have to take one to receive welfare benefits. The abuse is far greater than most realize.

It is commonplace where I live for people to sell food stamps for 50 cents on the dollar so they can get money to spend on beer, cigarettes, or drugs. I know someone right now how gets $1400 a month from the government and all he does is smoke crack with it. Taxpayers shouldn't be subsidizing drug habits. If you want to get high you should earn your own damn money to do it.

I know another woman that has 5 kids with 3 different dads. She doesn't even live with the kids anymore, but she gets $500 a month just in food stamps. The kids don't see a dime.

[quote name='Clak']What kills me the most is that conservatives would like to outlaw abortion, yet they also want to dismantle welfare programs that would help support that now living child. So it's basically "We want you to have the kid, but once it's born fuck it, you're on your own".

Maybe if we taught people about birth control when they're growing up that could be helped,[/QUOTE]

I see the dismantling of welfare as a deterrent for such behavior. We are subsidizing it if we promise to take care of people's mistakes. However, abortion ought to be a local and belief system issue. Ron Paul only feels personally obligated because he delivered 4000 babies.
I wish they would bring back home economics in high school, with an emphasis on planning one's life. Most people simply are not aware that money should come before children. Maybe if education was left to local authorities, there may be a greater emphasis on societal values.

Look, if you think that destroying the welfare system is going to stop people from having unwanted babies you're just plain wrong. It was happening before those systems existed, only back then the kids either ended up on the street or in orphanages. The fact that anyone is willing to let someone starve for the sake of a social experiment is horrible.

[quote name='Clak']Look, if you think that destroying the welfare system is going to stop people from having unwanted babies you're just plain wrong. It was happening before those systems existed, only back then the kids either ended up on the street or in orphanages. The fact that anyone is willing to let someone starve for the sake of a social experiment is horrible.[/QUOTE]

Point taken. So what do you propose we should do about it?

I'm also not just focusing on "unwanted babies" and the "sluts" but the whole gamut. I don't want to grant amnesty and subsequently, welfare, to any refugees or victims of foreign governments. I think welfare should only be for the physically and mentally disabled, along with temporary assistance for those who were once employed. At the very least, community service ought to be in order along with a drug test for those receiving it. Feel free to reply to this but I would also like to move onto another topic.

Who wants to END THE FED? Anyone believe in Austrian Economics?

From my understanding,The fed is the reason why gas prices are high. Our dollar is the World Reserve Currency, so the worth of our dollar will directly influence the price of oil.
So if we devalue our dollar via inflation, prices will then go up. Seeing as how other nations have to convert their currency into US dollars to buy oil, they take an even greater loss than we do. As such, I would not be surprised if they just kicked us out of the loop, as has been said in various global meetings that did not involve the US. The danger of this is that we lose our benefit of paying comparatively lower gas prices, although, we may be paying the same price soon enough as the dollar shows no sign of recovery. What say you?

[quote name='Revolution']Take this as you will, but a spiritual healer told me that the soul becomes present around the fifth or sixth month of pregnancy and that the body has to be created first. However, an abortion of a soul-less body is still marked down as a destruction of God's creation. I am in no way imposing this information on anyone as fact, merely putting it out there for discussion.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting, because I spoke with a spiritual healer just today about that and he said the complete opposite.

[quote name='IRHari']That's interesting, because I spoke with a spiritual healer just today about that and he said the complete opposite.[/QUOTE]

Pretty intriguing. Either way I'm pro-life so I get to avoid the whole debacle.

[quote name='Revolution']Who wants to END THE FED? Anyone believe in Austrian Economics?

From my understanding,The fed is the reason why gas prices are high.[/QUOTE]

No, no, and no.

Ron Paul blames the federal government for Enron, displaying that his perspective is not an ideology, but a religion to be retrofit so as not to force believer to deal with the stress of experiencing evidence that runs contrary to the doctrine of the faith.

Enron is the fault of government as much as the Playstation network debacle is the fault of the government.

Paul is a Randian, and objectivism is an economic philosophy for naive children.

I'd be up for ending the Fed, sure. But it along with all other banks aside from one in North Dakota are private entities. I would nationalize all of them including the Fed, which I suspect is not quite what you had in mind.

Whenever I meet a libertarian, I destroy them immediately by telling them that the existence of negative externalities makes the concept of the free market a fiction of the highest order, along with the idea that people are rational actors, or that markets can exist at all without governments, or that one could perform any significant action at all in their daily life without inadvertently effecting another person.

The freer and more deregulated a market becomes, the more the supply side of that market unloads externality costs of their business onto governments of the places where they do business, or the people of said places directly - in order to reduce their costs. Por ejemplo, we currently pay about $12-15 a gallon of gasoline. Only a few cents are due to tax breaks for oil companies. But it starts to add up quick when you factor in what either the governments or the individuals pays for a) the cost of military excursions that are heavily influenced by certain strategic resources, b) environmental damage or c) health care costs incurred by humans as a result of burning fossil fuels (e.g. cancers).

Ron Paul speaks out against corporatism, but as a free trader/free market guy, he plays directly into their hands, since power is only held by groups. Individuals have almost no power over any aspect of their lives - and so they band together to increase their power, through families, church groups, unions, corporations and even governments. Here is another of the many nonsensical ideas of libertarianism, that depowering one of the groups (government) will allow power to trickle down to the bottom, rather than being subsumed entirely by one of the other groups on its way down.

Conceptually, if you were a big fan of the market as an arbitrator of value or a solver of problems, you would want the market price to reflect the actual price being paid/value. Assuming that people were rational actors, you would want them to be more informed so that they could make good decisions, yes?

As soon as a people get to vote, they are going to form a Constitution, and they are going to decide that the government that they form allow them certain rights - and thus any hope of Libertarianism will be destroyed. It has recently become my theory that Libertarians are in fact, anarcho-capitalists. Many of them can be cornered quite easily into professing that the vote of one's wallet is preferable to an actual democratic vote. If the federal government does something disagreeable, well it should really be the province of the state government. If the state government does something disagreeable, it should really be the realm of the city. If the elected city officials do something disagreeable, then well, it should really be the market that decides.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']It has recently become my theory that Libertarians are in fact, anarcho-capitalists.[/QUOTE]

Agreed - the majority are

[quote name='camoor']Agreed - the majority are[/QUOTE]

It's all about self governance. That's really the only TRUE form of freedom, and really the only FAIR form of government. Admittedly, it's a utopian concept that is an impossibility with society in it's current social/spiritual infancy and so many dicks are walking the earth - Libertarians still simply strive to get as close as possible to self governance without chaos. You can call that anarchy, if you like. I'll call government "unfortunately necessary slavery" if I like.

I wrote Ron Paul in on the last presidential ballot. He's not perfect. I could list several problems with him. However, there simply is no other candidate out there that even comes close to saying it like I feel and wanting to do what I think should be done.

@msut77

I use the word "believe" to avoid being an elitist. I don't consider any school of thought to be truly concrete.

@ mykevermin

I would agree with you if other large corporations were not receiving bailouts. Govt and large corporations are in bed with each other. I would not go so far so to reward failure. Furthermore, more regulation has only proven to delay the inevitable downfall and places too much power in the hands of the few over the many. Enron is a prime example of the dangers of corporate subsidies. Politicians help them with our tax dollars and they return the favor to not us, but them. However, if they overindulge and don't account for market forces, the correction will undoubtedly occur sooner than later.

@camoor

USA, #1.

@ thrustbucket

That is a very interesting comment. Its true we are not spiritually/sociallyy ready for such a society. I only hope for one that leans more towards a free society than a socialistic one.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I'd be up for ending the Fed, sure. But it along with all other banks aside from one in North Dakota are private entities. I would nationalize all of them including the Fed, which I suspect is not quite what you had in mind.

That's correct, I would not support it. Neither would our founding fathers. Competition would breed better interest rates and lending opportunities. Its bad enough as it currently exists as an FDIC insured entity, allowing banks to be taxed further and be controlled by an unconstitutional symbiotic relationship to the reserve. This does not yield good end results for the consumer.

Whenever I meet a libertarian, I destroy them immediately...

I can sense your passion. For the record, I'm a skeptic and choose not to get involved with labels.

...by telling them that the existence of negative externalities makes the concept of the free market a fiction of the highest order, along with the idea that people are rational actors, or that markets can exist at all without governments, or that one could perform any significant action at all in their daily life without inadvertently effecting another person.

Negative externalities exist, true. However the spillover can be heavily mitigated depending on what is being discussed. For example, I wan't my water operated motor vehicle as the potential for one had been demonstrated Stan Meyer's water buggy. Where is it? Bureaucratic regulations and censorship lobbied for by the oil industry won't ever let it see the light of day. Additionally, people aim to be rational actors but their actions may not be, and I believe this is because the concept of value exists in their minds, not the product itself.

...But it starts to add up quick when you factor in what either the governments or the individuals pays for a) the cost of military excursions that are heavily influenced by certain strategic resources, b) environmental damage or c) health care costs incurred by humans as a result of burning fossil fuels (e.g. cancers).

The individual nor the government would have to pay for any of this if: (a) we were not involved in military operations, especially for resources that are abundant at home, not to mention the cost of blowback, (b) and (c) environmental damage would not be as severe if alternative energy was given the chance to compete in a fair market

Ron Paul speaks out against corporatism, but as a free trader/free market guy, he plays directly into their hands, since power is only held by groups. Individuals have almost no power over any aspect of their lives - and so they band together to increase their power, through families, church groups, unions, corporations and even governments. Here is another of the many nonsensical ideas of libertarianism, that depowering one of the groups (government) will allow power to trickle down to the bottom, rather than being subsumed entirely by one of the other groups on its way down.

I'm unfamiliar with that last concept of libertarianism, but I would not expect everyone on an equal playing field, just the absence of the those who have become omnipotent in the same way a free rider intends to become. However, I will speak to your "power is only held by groups" statement. I think you are missing the great equalizer, and that is the individual's ability to cost effectively suppress conflict from a distance. Namely, our uniquely human ability to throw to kill. This ability is the evolutionary basis of our cooperation and it can also allow the coercion of groups, or at the very least prevent it from happening to him by the threat of reciprocity. We see this ability today in the form of guns and nuclear weapons. So if we all had nuclear weapons there would be much less warfare, like nil, at least on the superficial international scale (no longer invading other countries with huge numbers of troops). Also, 2nd Amendment for the win!

Conceptually, if you were a big fan of the market as an arbitrator of value or a solver of problems, you would want the market price to reflect the actual price being paid/value. Assuming that people were rational actors, you would want them to be more informed so that they could make good decisions, yes?

As soon as a people get to vote, they are going to form a Constitution, and they are going to decide that the government that they form allow them certain rights - and thus any hope of Libertarianism will be destroyed. It has recently become my theory that Libertarians are in fact, anarcho-capitalists. Many of them can be cornered quite easily into professing that the vote of one's wallet is preferable to an actual democratic vote. If the federal government does something disagreeable, well it should really be the province of the state government. If the state government does something disagreeable, it should really be the realm of the city. If the elected city officials do something disagreeable, then well, it should really be the market that decides.[/QUOTE]

You state some very intellectual viewpoints, its too bad the keynesian politicians don't seem to have the same level of competence. I don't agree that libertarianism can be destroyed, in the practical sense, by allowing a vote since they are not anarchists as you seem to believe. I feel thats overly theoretical. I also don't quite understand when you say:

" Many of them can be cornered quite easily into professing that the vote of one's wallet is preferable to an actual democratic vote. "

Since I'm not a libertarian, just a Ron Paul supporter.

Also, why should the market decide if the city officials do something disagreeable? Is that not suggesting that the people will andshould indirectly burden the costs of their actions? This is especially concerning when it is an unfair (regulated) market. Then shouldn't the people keep them in check instead?

Thanks for taking the time to write it all out. Its these viewpoints that challenge the generally accepted that I'm on the look out for, though I don't agree.

Next:

WHO WANTS TO END THE FEDERAL INCOME TAX / IRS?

I definitely do.

I wish we had a what-if machine where we could see what life without government would be like. I can guarantee you small government types wouldn't like it. I don't really get how any of you feel so...unfree I guess would be the best way to put it. I've never felt that way in my life that I can remember. Maybe it's perspective, because I know there are societies who truly aren't free, and comparatively we are.

I mean I know what complete freedom and democracy would be like, and I wouldn't want to live in a society like that, and I doubt any of you would either.

[quote name='Clak']I wish we had a what-if machine where we could see what life without government would be like. I can guarantee you small government types wouldn't like it. I don't really get how any of you feel so...unfree I guess would be the best way to put it. I've never felt that way in my life that I can remember. Maybe it's perspective, because I know there are societies who truly aren't free, and comparatively we are.

I mean I know what complete freedom and democracy would be like, and I wouldn't want to live in a society like that, and I doubt any of you would either.[/QUOTE]

1) there are experiments planned to see what such societies would be like. They will be out in the sea. Seriously.

2) The feeling of being "unfree" comes from not having any say in the wars or monetary policies that bureaucrats decide in their favor, and then being taxed into oblivion to support said practices. This, among many other things - corporate bailouts!!!

3) I take exception to the idea of relative freedom, as in relative to the middle east or China.

4) I'm not asking for anarchy, only limited government. I'm not trying to attack you , but how do you know what complete freedom would be like? We have been conditioned to accept our oppression.

[quote name='Revolution']Since I'm not a libertarian, just a Ron Paul supporter.[/QUOTE]
What a crock.

I'm not a nazi, just an Adolf Hiler supporter.

Next:

WHO WANTS TO END THE FEDERAL INCOME TAX / IRS?

I definitely do.
How is this not based on your libertarian ideals.

I'm not asking for anarchy, only limited government. I'm not trying to attack you , but how do you know what complete freedom would be like? We have been conditioned to accept our oppression.
As a white male(guessing here) you have no fucking clue what oppression is.

[quote name='dohdough']What a crock.

I'm not a nazi, just an Adolf Hiler supporter.

How is this not based on your libertarian ideals.

As a white male(guessing here) you have no fucking clue what oppression is.[/QUOTE]

Ron Paul is a Republican first, not a libertarian. I, personally, gravitate towards any idea I like. As such, if a democrat politician says something in line with his/her party, but I like it, I will support it. Again, getting caught up in labeling is not going to help anyone. I don't have time to provide you with dichotomies.

I'm from NY and the best stereotyped ASSumption you make is that I am white??? lol and that it, somehow, relates to my experience of oppression. Are you suggesting that white people can't know what oppression is? I'll throw you a bone: I'm not white. I'm guessing you know what oppression is? Please do tell or don't waste my time, discuss the issues or just keep reading and learning, but this time, try to focus on something more meaningful than a label I choose to identify with, I mean out of all the things that were written, just wow.

Human beings can't live without some sort of government. The weak will always seek out the strong for protection. In exchange, they provide money, food, or other services.

The Wild West was the last bastion of free market, limited government types. They lived in constant fear of attack from natives, bandits, and corporate thugs. You lived and died by the gun. Schools and health care were damn near non-existent. Is this what you really want to go back to?

Did you not play Bioshock? Power is always grabbed by ambitious individuals. You can ban government but then people will band together as tribes, religions, or what not. People are social creatures. Societies demand a power structure.

bread's done
Back