Is anyone else unable to log into Yahoo Mail right now?

c

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
The site keeps refusing to load anything for me.

AM I BEING HACKED?

..or is the site just having some issues today?

Oh noooo. Thanks everyone for the replies. Now I need to figure out what the shaq-fu to do...

I have discovered the problem. I -was- being hacked.

...by Norton Internet Security.

My subscription with them (FINALLY) ran out and they locked access to all kinds of things - presumably as a way to scare me into renewing.

I had to download a specific program from Symantec's bloody WEBSITE in order to delete the programs from my computer. Lo and behold, I restart my computer after running the program, and Yahoo Mail works like a charm.

My hatred for Norton has reached an all-time high. It's too bad it came preinstalled on my computer.

Thanks for your time, everyone.

Geh... My preinstalled Norton subscription is running out in a few weeks (it reminds me every damn day). Sounds like I'm going to have to deal with this crap when it does.

[quote name='woobacca']Geh... My preinstalled Norton subscription is running out in a few weeks (it reminds me every damn day). Sounds like I'm going to have to deal with this crap when it does.[/QUOTE]
In case you need it, here's the site from which I got the program I needed:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/docid/2001090510510636

My recommendation is to use it as a last resort.

Coincidentally, without any Symantec products on my computer, my internet connection's speed has increased drastically. Go Norton!
(Edit: "considerably" would have been a better word to use than "drastically". I don't want to come off as an eccentric Norton-basher.)

bread's done
Back