Is anyone importing a Dual Shock 3?

[quote name='KingBroly']Mine shipped the 22nd...I doubt I'll have it before the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

you are correct, i ordered on the 11th, shipped after 2 days or so, still have not received it

[quote name='Nephlabobo']I'm playing Folklore with a DS and I have no issues at all with it.[/quote]
Well, after extensively testing on the controller, I found out mine is malfunctioning. The controller will not register up/down on the left analog stick for any games now unless I press it extremely hard. Even then, it's glitchy.

I've tried resetting the controller with the reset button on the back a few times and that doesn't do much good. Any other ideas to fix it? It sucks too, I haven't even gone through a full battery charge yet. I'm probably screwed.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Well, after extensively testing on the controller, I found out mine is malfunctioning. The controller will not register up/down on the left analog stick for any games now unless I press it extremely hard. Even then, it's glitchy. [/quote]

Where did you order it from? Can you not return it?

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Where did you order it from? Can you not return it?[/quote]

I traded a CAG for it (yes, it was brand new). I'm trying to contact him to see if he might be able to swap it for me.

[quote name='TheShiz']you are correct, i ordered on the 11th, shipped after 2 days or so, still have not received it[/quote]

Mine shipped the day or half a day after it was ordered. I wonder what the return address will say.

[quote name='Zoglog']it still baffles me how they're taking so long to release the US DS verison.[/quote]

when is it coming out here in the US?

Finally arrived yesterday.

Ordered on the 9th, arrived on the 26th for those keeping score. A little over two weeks.

[quote name='Michael Corvin']Finally arrived yesterday.

Ordered on the 9th, arrived on the 26th for those keeping score. A little over two weeks.[/quote]

What type of shipping did you get? This helps out for those of us keeping score ;)

Air Economy Bubble: $6.70

Whoa. That's messed up. Looks like I logged into an old account. I cleared all my cookies last week and subconsciously signed into it. :lol: Looks like I need to get that cleared up. Weird.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Finally arrived today

Rumble never felt better in my hands...wait...that didn't sound right :lol:[/quote]

got mine a fewminutesago..:D

Mine shipped on December 10th and I just got it today (27th), very happy! No random controller disconnects anymore so far. Resistance is a whole new experience now as well.

[quote name='CounterSeal']No random controller disconnects anymore so far.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had that happen in over half a year, and I'm holding out for the US release of the DS3 before buying. Is it supposed to still be a problem?

[quote name='CounterSeal']Mine shipped on December 10th and I just got it today (27th), very happy! No random controller disconnects anymore so far.[/quote]

Was that ever a problem? Granted, I haven't touched the controller that came with the PS3, but the DS3 has never given me a problem.

Actually I've had a few controller disconnects, but it's Definetly a whole lot less than with the old controllers. Good to see improvement on that front. Now it's much more tolerable

Oh well, too bad I don't have many games on my PS3 to that interest me at the moment to fully use the DS3. I have too many games on the Xbox 360 right now that's got my attention.

If anyone has Ratchet and a DS3, is it worth it to wait to get DS3 to play Ratchet? I have Ratchet, but no DS3 atm (but it's coming...soon...I hope).

[quote name='KingBroly']If anyone has Ratchet and a DS3, is it worth it to wait to get DS3 to play Ratchet? I have Ratchet, but no DS3 atm (but it's coming...soon...I hope).[/QUOTE]

I have both and have intentionally held off finishing Ratchet until the DS3 arrived. Unfortunately now I'm knee deep in Mario Galaxy and don't see myself going back to R&C until Mario is 100% complete. :D

Not me. Ive been tempted but its too pricy. I will wait till it comes over here, most likely at $50. Plus I will probably be able to get it cheaper than that through deals found on here or Ebay by that time

I think I'll wait a little longer. A little closer to 50 dollars and with a unique color? Then I'll jump on it.

[quote name='Corvin']I have both and have intentionally held off finishing Ratchet until the DS3 arrived. Unfortunately now I'm knee deep in Mario Galaxy and don't see myself going back to R&C until Mario is 100% complete. :D[/quote]

Well, good thing I finished Galaxy 100% a long time ago then ;)

got mine today. charging as we speak. ordered on the 10th. it does feel a bit heavier and hopefully the rumble will be not so muted as others have said. now if i can find a used Uncharted before the GS/EB 2 for 1 runs out. :)

Just placed my order on Drake's Fortune and Dual Shock 3, for $55.00 and $58.60 respectively.

Can't wait to 'experience' Drake's Fortune, with DS3.

Note: From what i've read, I think it would be a good idea to pay the additional $8.61 (from my guess, $49.99 when it comes to the U.S.) to experience the DS3 before Spring, or at least I though so! :D

[quote name='KingBroly']If anyone has Ratchet and a DS3, is it worth it to wait to get DS3 to play Ratchet? I have Ratchet, but no DS3 atm (but it's coming...soon...I hope).[/quote]

Hard to say, the presence of rumble is evident when buildings are collapsing in R&C ( 1st level when Ratchet is on the grind rail circling the collapsing building) During battle, I hardly notice it's even there .

DS3 is very good in Uncharted, it has very heavy rumble.

R&C on the other hand, is almost minimal to none. You can barely feel it.

If only CoD4 supported it :cry:

[quote name='RiCeBo1']DS3 is very good in Uncharted, it has very heavy rumble.

R&C on the other hand, is almost minimal to none. You can barely feel it.

If only CoD4 supported it :cry:[/quote]

Happy to hear it! Uncharted has become my #1 game. The game is especially appealing to me because this is exactly how i've been wanting a game to be like for ages!

Got mine in and I absolutely love it. Uncharted and R&C have great rumble. I am going to play Heavenly Sword again afterwards to try it out on that.

Ratchet & Clank kinda suprised me when it started rumbling. Although subtle, it definitely makes a difference.

This actually feels like a regular controller. I'll probably go back through Uncharted on normal after beating Ratchet.

Where is everyone scoring these from? Anyone seen a smoking deal and does anyone know if we'll be getting white when they release? That's the only way i think I can justify the purchase...having something exclusive :)

I bought a black DS3 brand new on eBay for $65 total. White ones are available too. I figured I would get it a lot faster from a US eBay seller than importing from Japan but am still waiting after four days.

Then I found out Burnout: Paradise has no split-screen multiplayer so I had no need for a second controller. Oh well, at least I have rumble for Warhawk :)

Finally got around to using mine. I played Ratchet & Clank for about four hours the other night and think I noticed the rumble twice. Very weak. Bettenhausen(1up Yours) is definitely drinking that Sony Kool-Aid. The added weight is nice, but I never had a problem with the Sixaxis weight.

I'm a little disappointed.

i like the added weight a lot, and having rumble is nice. for $10 more than retail for the regular controller I don't think it's a bad deal, especially since I only had one controller anyway

[quote name='doubledown']When is the US supposed to get these?[/quote]
I believe I heard sometime in March, I'm hoping that they release a white controller for the US

bread's done
Back