Is anyone importing a Dual Shock 3?

Just wait for the US release. Then we'll be able to get it for ~$40 from Amazon. I bought one off eBay for $65 awhile ago and rumble in Uncharted and Burnout was just not worth the premium.

iazy, wasn't that patent problem with Immersion, not Emerson?

Also, force feedback is not the same thing as rumble. Rumble is what controllers do. Force feedback is resistance generated by things like racing wheels that makes it more difficult to turn.

Not trying to nitpick. Just want your review to read well. :)

I'd say rumble is a category of force feedback, which also includes racing wheel resistance. (I wonder if it could also include those arcade games that give you an electric shock when you lose?)

But yeah, in the review the terms seem to be used interchangeably, which could be confusing.

[quote name='metaly']I'd say rumble is a category of force feedback, which also includes racing wheel resistance. (I wonder if it could also include those arcade games that give you an electric shock when you lose?)

But yeah, in the review the terms seem to be used interchangeably, which could be confusing.[/quote]Actually, force feedback is a pretty technical term dealing with interactions with servos in the controller. Both rumble and force feedback do fall into a similar overarching category, but they're rather distinct.

/geek

[quote name='daroga']iazy, wasn't that patent problem with Immersion, not Emerson?

Also, force feedback is not the same thing as rumble. Rumble is what controllers do. Force feedback is resistance generated by things like racing wheels that makes it more difficult to turn.

Not trying to nitpick. Just want your review to read well. :)[/QUOTE]
Damn it, I cant spell. I'll correct that.

As for force feedback, it can go both ways. But you are right, usually when you think force feedback, first thing that pops into mind is steering wheels.

Also, appreciate your opinion

how much are the DS3's going to retail for? $50 like the current ones. I just got a PS3 and I am in desperate need of a second controller but if DS3 is only weeks away. I can wait.

hmm, I wonder if ceramic white is coming to the USA. It seems like the console will soon be release so I hope all of this happens at the same time

[quote name='MadFlava']how much are the DS3's going to retail for? $50 like the current ones. I just got a PS3 and I am in desperate need of a second controller but if DS3 is only weeks away. I can wait.[/QUOTE]
I dont think anyone knows the price. If anything it will be between $50-60

Considering that the ceramic white PS3 isnt due out until later one, there will be no ceramic controller until the new 40gb is released.

[quote name='Corvin']Finally got around to using mine. I played Ratchet & Clank for about four hours the other night and think I noticed the rumble twice. Very weak. Bettenhausen(1up Yours) is definitely drinking that Sony Kool-Aid. The added weight is nice, but I never had a problem with the Sixaxis weight.

I'm a little disappointed.[/QUOTE]Rumble is very weak on R&C Future. On Resistance it's much better and makes the game more enjoyable (sometimes it's hard to tell when you're taking damage without it). On Motorstorm, you can adjust the vibration level which is nice. The effect on Burnout Paradise is very good -- driving along the train tracks is a trip! And there are actually pretty good thumps when your ball hits the lane in the bowling game as well.

I ordered one from the guy linked above and recieved my dual shock in like 3 days. I love it. It feels perfectly weighted and makes a big difference in the games.

had a buddy visiting japan get me two (charcoal) when he was there in December. i love the fact it feels heavier than the previous controllers.

I just got one from play-asia. It is awesome. fully compatible with ps1/2/3 games, charge lasts just as long as sixaxis, and the vibration is very powerful. (i tried other wireless controllers, and they vibration was too light.)

It is so worth the extra 20 bucks, if only to have one now, avoid the lines, etc. I know it is a bit expensive, but it is great. (also, no disconnects, as happened with certain games using the radio shack usb adapter and ps2 controllers.)

It is worth noting the radio shack usb adapter does work pretty well for ps2 games, with only a couple having disconnect issues after about 2 hours, on certain games. it worked great with movies, etc, with full vibration on ps3 games. No support on ps1 games, nor ps3 games, so the dual shock 3 is definitely worth it, but do not regret getting the usb adapter at all.

you guys should buy the silicone rubber game skin they sell at gamestop for 7 bucks! I bought the red one and it fits 80% of the controller and it makes it feel so much better. You can also buy them in different colors so you don't need to buy a white ceramic ps3 controller that will get dirty in 2 minutes. Amazon also sells them

Just got mine in the mail today, except for the girlfriend was home and wanting to watch movies by the time it was charged. I'll try it out tomorrow.

They're 5000 Yen over here in Japan. That's about $50 or so. What are you guys paying? Maybe I'll pick a few up before I return. I'd sell them at cost. PM me if you're interested and I can see what it'll cost me.

bread's done
Back