Is borderlands worth it?

LakersForLife82481

CAGiversary!
Hey CAGs i was just wondering if borderlands is worth my money? Im gonna use Gamestop's 20 dollar deal where if i traded a select game and get another for 20. Another question is, What system is it more fun on? I own PS3 and 360. Thanks! :D

Yes.

Don't know, I only have a 360.

I've got one single player game with about 20 hours, and my wife and I are about 1/3 into our second playthrough with about 54 hours in the game. The last game I played this much and enjoyed this much was Fallout 3.

If you like action, loot dropping, and addictiveness, it's worth it.

Play on the system that most of your friends have. Borderlands is a fantastic game, but it really shines when you play it co-op with friends.

I would certainly say so - it's the most pure fun I've had with a game since Ratchet and Clank.

It's also the game I've gotten closest to getting all the achievements for - granted they're pretty easy, but I also played the hell out of that game.

I have it but can't seem to get into it. I've played it 3-4 times and for an hour or more each time. But it feels like a chore to play it. I also have Assassin's Creed II and Dragon Age: Origins. And I'd rather be playing those.

For those who are enjoying it so much... Why (specific reasons)? I feel like I'm missing something here!

I love the game, but I also have three other friends who play it and we all game together. I bought it for $35 and thought it was very much worth it. I have the PC version so I couldn't tell you which is better... sorry.

It's worth it. You can cram a lot of hours into it. The loot aspect keeps you playing even after you beat it. If in doubt, wait until it hits the bargain bin. At that point, it's a deal almost on par with getting Orange Box cheap.

[quote name='Robb']I have it but can't seem to get into it. I've played it 3-4 times and for an hour or more each time. But it feels like a chore to play it. I also have Assassin's Creed II and Dragon Age: Origins. And I'd rather be playing those.

For those who are enjoying it so much... Why (specific reasons)? I feel like I'm missing something here![/QUOTE]

That's the exact same opinion I had with AC2. I played it, beat it, and will probably never touch it again, and feel like I'm missing something vital, because everyone else LOVES the game.

As for Borderlands, probably my second favorite game of the year behind Modern Warfare 2. I also NEVER played it co-op (I bought it for PS3, everybody else I know who bought it got it on 360), but my friends who have say it makes it even more super-awesome.

Basically though, it's a FPS (which I love), with great MW-like controls, that I get to level up and customize a character in. Most FPS games I'm perfectly fine trudging along doing my thing, and occasionally finding new weapons. In this game you find new weapons CONSTANTLY, all the while leveling up your character and getting new skills and abilities.

The story was quite meh, and most of the quests were nothing all that great, but the pure fun of excellent shooting, lots of (great) weapons, and a decent leveling system made it pretty hard to turn off.

I'm on my second playthrough on the PS3. I have played with my nephews online and it's a freakin blast! There is not much of a story, but it pushes you enough to wanna see what is going to happen IMO.

My friend picked this up the other day and we played split screen for 6 hours straight. It's reallllly addicting and tons of fun. There's a lot of cool things going on in it. I'd def get it when it drops to like 45-50 bucks if I were you, or just buy it now if you want a good game. I lucked out and got it during that 45 (ship included) GDD.com special. :)

bread's done
Back