Is call of duty elite turning anyone else off modern warfare 3?

el swordo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Even though Call of Duty Elite seems optional, it kind of feels like if you buy the standard version and don't buy any dlc down the line your copy will be almost incompatible with everyone else who bought it in about a year. There is no way in hell i'm spending $50 on top of the original $60 just for Call of Duty Elite. Just because of this i'm thinking of skipping Modern Warfare 3 altogether and maybe picking up battle field 3. anyone else feel the same?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Nope, I'm skipping both :booty:[/QUOTE]

seconded.
until they hit $10 each lol
then ill get them for the single player.

Can someone please explain how the "Elite" service works?

Is it tied to your PSN account?

If so will it only work with a U.S. PSN account? Meaning if someone outside the U.S. bought a U.S. Hardened edition would the elite service work for them?

Or if I imported a game from another country would their elite service be the same?

Since it includes the maomoacksnthat I always buy anyway, I'm fine with it.

I wouldn't have bought the elite version if not for that.

I don't like any of these FPS war games but if I did I'd be pissed at this setup. DLC is really annoying sometimes.

If you don't buy Elite then it's just like you didn't buy the DLC. You just can't play on the new maps. If you have Elite, then you get to play the new maps and take part in contests and track your stats etc...

[quote name='Javery']I don't like any of these FPS war games but if I did I'd be pissed at this setup. DLC is really annoying sometimes.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why.

FPS games are shipping with the same amount of maps in the past. DLC just keeps the game fresher as the year goes on. Actually saves me money as I can spend $30-45 over the year buying more maps and keep playing the same game rather than buying multiple new releases etc.

Nickel and dime DLC is annoying. But worthwhile expansions like MP map packs, good single player expansions are great ways to extend the replay value of a game IMO. So I love them as long as they aren't skimping on content in the orginal retail release.

I don't play CoD anymore but it seems people drop ~$100 a year on them anyways. Those maps are so overpriced :lol:

If the membership is a free DLC pass you might as well.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I don't play CoD anymore but it seems people drop ~$100 a year on them anyways. Those maps are so overpriced :lol:

If the membership is a free DLC pass you might as well.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Before it was $60 to get the game at launch, and then 3 map packs at $15 each. So $105 total.

Now you can get elite for $100 and get all the map packs, access to the website with all the stat tracking, weapon strategy videos etc.

So it's a good deal for people who buy all the map packs anyway. And moot for people who didn't buy the map packs before as they're not missing out on anything really.

never bought a single map in cod and usually burn out on it before first map packs release. but if what i hear is correctly if i decide to get maps by themselves it will only cost me $5 more then if i bought the elite version?

[quote name='el swordo']never bought a single map in cod and usually burn out on it before first map packs release. but if what i hear is correctly if i decide to get maps by themselves it will only cost me $5 more then if i bought the elite version?[/QUOTE]

Assuming there are 3 of them and they're $15 a piece like the past couple of games, then yes it would be $5 more.

Of course if there's deal down the road for the elite version for less than $100, then that changes the equation.

I'm not into Call of Duty multiplayer (I stick to the campaigns) but Elite actually strikes me as a pretty okay deal, if you're a big fan who would buy the map packs anyway. For $50, you get a year of map packs for free, each one of those is $15 and there's likely to be 3 or 4 so that's a $45-60 value right there. Plus the actual online stat tracking which Bungie provides for free but most games don't provide at all.

I had no interest in MW3 to begin with but I guess being spoiled by valve games (mainly L4D2 and TF2) with their free updates and maps made me have less interest in the game. I mean at least with BF3 I got the first Map Pack free and well I don't think I would play the game enough to even warrant buying another map pack.

[quote name='Velo214']can an elite pass be gameshared on psn?[/QUOTE]

no, i dont think it'll work that way. COD Elite is linked to only one PSN or Xbox Live Account. You might be able to gameshare the DLC downloads though?

[quote name='DurbanBrown']battlefield was a huge let down, gonna go for MW3 and hope its not the same[/QUOTE]

battlefield is always a let down every year

on the fence with this elite, i usually only download 1-2 map packs (mainly for zombie maps) so I'll probably just pass, plus this map packs rarely go on sale and when they do it's not until the next version of the game is out

bread's done
Back