Is Crush worth the 30 bucks?

Plinko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I was waiting for a price drop on Crush, but apparently that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon (if ever). Is it worth the $30? I'm a big puzzle/platformer fan.

For some I hear it's worth it.

You are just being impatient. The game may actually be selling (I can't confirm that but ya know) so a price drop may not be in order right now. And it's only September. Crazy ass sales haven't even started yet.

[quote name='FurryCurry']For some I hear it's worth it.

You are just being impatient. The game may actually be selling (I can't confirm that but ya know) so a price drop may not be in order right now. And it's only September. Crazy ass sales haven't even started yet.[/quote]
Crush isn't selling at all. It's the kind of game that, while being really good, PSP owners don't give a crap about. It is worth a pickup at $30, but it's up to you to decide if you need it now or if you can wait on a possible sale or clearance.

I think it's one of the absolute best PSP games, but I'm still waiting for a price drop.

If there are any other PSP or DS games you want you can use the "Buy One Get One 50% Off" at Circuit City.

I don't agree with the "PSP owners don't give a crap about it" comment - more like the review sites don't give a crap, therefore PSP owners don't know what a great fantastic game it is. Perfect for 10 minute increments, or several hours - it does get very hard very quick tho, but it isn't impossible.

Definitely do the CC deal tho, as I doubt it'll be coming down in price anytime soon.

[quote name='guyjr']I don't agree with the "PSP owners don't give a crap about it" comment - more like the review sites don't give a crap, therefore PSP owners don't know what a great fantastic game it is. Perfect for 10 minute increments, or several hours - it does get very hard very quick tho, but it isn't impossible.

Definitely do the CC deal tho, as I doubt it'll be coming down in price anytime soon.[/quote]

It has nothing to do with gaming sites not giving a crap about it. This is all Sega's fault as a publisher. Sega didn't publicize this game at all. There were very little, if any, print ads or tv spots for the game.

The only thing Sega did right was its PR rep would constantly release Crush screens and videos, and the sites did publish them, it's just that Sega didn't follow through with any marketing push.

I interviewed some people at Zoe Mode, and they alluded the game could see a port to XBLA or something similar. This isn't because the game was a big success, it's because it sold so bad, they need to try to make some money off the IP.

[quote name='guyjr']I don't agree with the "PSP owners don't give a crap about it" comment - more like the review sites don't give a crap, therefore PSP owners don't know what a great fantastic game it is. Perfect for 10 minute increments, or several hours - it does get very hard very quick tho, but it isn't impossible.

Definitely do the CC deal tho, as I doubt it'll be coming down in price anytime soon.[/quote]
How is it the review sites' fault that it's not selling? They gave it great scores, but it's just not the kind of game that sells on the PSP, which is pretty much a fact. I'd love to see that not be the case, but most PSP gamers buy the console ports of popular franchises with a maybe a few exceptions (Lumines).

bread's done
Back