Is EA finally going Live

I don't care for most of EA's sports games, I actually don't really care all that much for EA as it is. But I do hope the new burnout game is live enabled.

"Madden NFL 2005, NCAA College Football, NASCAR Thunder 2005, and NBA Live comprise the sports package for Xbox Live this fall. The non-sports games are less concrete, but as IGN has learned from several sources close to the company, Battlefield: Modern Combat, EA's new Goldeneye game, and perhaps Burnout 3 are first in line for Xbox online compatibility."

(No NHL 2005, SSX4, or Tiger Woods 2005, that sucks)

Im so glad they finally got their acts together, very big news. I think nhl ssx and tiger woods will all be on live also, i mean why not?

EA and Microsoft firmly deny their change in plans. "EA and Microsoft do not have an agreement for including online capability in EA titles for Xbox," said an EA representative.

Microsoft was less imaginative in its response. "We haven't made any announcements and we don't comment on rumors or speculation."

That info was from a former EA employee, it could be false. I wouldn't get hopes to high.

[quote name='Supernothing']
EA and Microsoft firmly deny their change in plans. "EA and Microsoft do not have an agreement for including online capability in EA titles for Xbox," said an EA representative.

Microsoft was less imaginative in its response. "We haven't made any announcements and we don't comment on rumors or speculation."

That info was from a former EA employee, it could be false. I wouldn't get hopes to high.[/quote]

Like he said don't get your hopes up to high.

The top two people that posted above me, you spelled "too" as "to", just thought you'd want to know. :D

This news has been a long time coming, just never made official till now. I'm mostly crossing my fingers on Battlefield: Vietnam, TimeSplitters 3, and Burnout 3.

I was incredibly dissapointed in Burnout 2, it was nowhere near what I expected. I think I went through the game in a week and it has barely any replay value at all, I'd really rent the third before commiting to buying it. But then again thats just my take on it. . .

[quote name='XboxMaster']The top two people that posted above me, you spelled "too" as "to", just thought you'd want to know. :D

This news has been a long time coming, just never made official till now. I'm mostly crossing my fingers on Battlefield: Vietnam, TimeSplitters 3, and Burnout 3.[/quote]

And you used a comma where it should not be, let's get off the grammer kick.

[quote name='Supernothing']And you used a comma where it should not be, let's get off the grammer kick.[/quote]

GrammAr. \:D/

Nice to see they are finally getting their act together on Live, although this kind of half-assed version of it doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. They should go full on or nothing. The only EA game I'd consider buying at the moment, like a lot of other people said, is SSX.

And I'm not taking this as 100% true until MS says something since the guy who claimed it's going to happen is an ex-employee.

Too bad they just released fight night which would have been even better with live support. Let's hope they whore it out like every other franchise so it'll go live next year.

Another article: WinInfo.com

http://www.winnetmag.com/windowspaulthurrott/Article/ArticleID/42642/windowspaulthurrott_42642.html

Ending over a year of acrimony, Microsoft and Electronic Arts (EA) agreed to terms which will allow EA to publish versions of its best-selling video games that run on Microsoft's popular Xbox Live online gaming service. When Microsoft launched the service in late 2002, EA declined to participate, for a variety of reasons. Mostly, EA complained at the time, it saw no reason to give Microsoft access to its customers.

Today, the story is dramatically different. At an Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) pre-conference press event Monday, EA and Microsoft announced that the companies had solved their differences and would work together promoting EA's games on Xbox Live. EA will ship 15 Xbox Live-compatible games by the end of the year, the company said, including some of the industry's best-selling games including Madden NFL 2005, NBA Live, Nascar: Road to the Cups, and James Bond Golden Eye: Rogue Agent. The first EA-produced Xbox Live game will ship in August.

The delay in getting the market leader's games on Xbox Live, however, has cost Microsoft. Largely because EA's best-selling online game titles were only available on the PlayStation 2, Sony was able to sell millions of copies of its PS2 network adapter, which allows PS2 owners to play games online. Microsoft says that it still offers the best online experience, however, and touted this week that almost 1 million customers have subscribed to the Xbox Live service, up from 750,000 at years end.

[quote name='ajh2298']"Madden NFL 2005, NCAA College Football, NASCAR Thunder 2005, and NBA Live comprise the sports package for Xbox Live this fall. The non-sports games are less concrete, but as IGN has learned from several sources close to the company, Battlefield: Modern Combat, EA's new Goldeneye game, and perhaps Burnout 3 are first in line for Xbox online compatibility."

(No NHL 2005, SSX4, or Tiger Woods 2005, that sucks)[/quote]

KNOW YOUR ROLE FOO,

NCAA Football 2005, Madden NFL 2005, NHL 2005, NBA Live 2005, NCAA March Madness 2005, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005, FIFA Soccer 2005, and NASCAR Thunder 2005, and MVP Baseball 2005) along with several entertainment titles, including GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, Need For Speed Underground 2, Battlefield: Modern Combat, Burnout 3, and TimeSplitters 3: Future Perfect.

sony press conference was freaking sweet, and guess what IF my bro is lucky enough, he's asking if i can try out Half life 2 today!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll Let you know what i think!

I heard EA's Xbox online things are going to cost money (their guy said it was being looked at, didn't hint at one way or another). They are damned stupid if they think people are going to pay $50 for Xbox live and pay money on top of that for the EA stuff.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']I heard EA's Xbox online things are going to cost money (their guy said it was being looked at, didn't hint at one way or another). They are damned stupid if they think people are going to pay $50 for Xbox live and pay money on top of that for the EA stuff.[/quote]

As far as I remember, that was the big sticking point from day one.. EA wanted to charge extra to play their games online and MS wouldn't allow it. Either MS paid EA some sort of money to provide Live support for their games, EA realized it was losing a good amount of game sales by not providing Live support (thereby alienating a goodly portion of the Xbox community) or a combination of both. (Atleast thats my guess)

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='ElwoodCuse']I heard EA's Xbox online things are going to cost money (their guy said it was being looked at, didn't hint at one way or another). They are damned stupid if they think people are going to pay $50 for Xbox live and pay money on top of that for the EA stuff.[/quote]

As far as I remember, that was the big sticking point from day one.. EA wanted to charge extra to play their games online and MS wouldn't allow it. Either MS paid EA some sort of money to provide Live support for their games, EA realized it was losing a good amount of game sales by not providing Live support (thereby alienating a goodly portion of the Xbox community) or a combination of both. (Atleast thats my guess)[/quote]

EA will be able to charge the customers. I made a topic about this with Madden online survey i got from EA. EA also got from MS is that they will be able to run their own servers. this will enable them to cut the servers when a newer game comes out. lets say madden 2006 comes out they shut the servers for madden 2005. this is one of the sticking points too. EA is afraid that if they don't get some sort of control they will lose money because cheapasses won't buy newer games to play online instead play the older games

I hope SSX4 is live if it comes out, as well as Def Jam Vendetta 2. I read that the PS2 version of DJV2 will be online, but I would prefer getting it for Xbox rather than PS2.

Awesome!!! So, I wasn't crazy, I was right after all when I said I heard EA didn't give into Live at first because they couldn't have montly charges.

bread's done
Back