is evangelion really good??

Abdullah2

CAGiversary!
is the platinum same as the regular series? i just saw the first three episodes and i am really dissapointed , i thought it would be like ghost in the shell or matrix from the hype it recieved, so far it seems like a boring kids robot cartoon with some biblical names.. will it get better?

It gets better after more characters are introduced. The way they interact is great, and there's good development on most of them. The platinum series is supposed to be better quality than the other, but no storyline differences. I think some of the later platinum editions have Director's Cut episodes, too. But I didn't have the original ones ... I went from VHS to platinum DVD.

yea you cant enjoy much when you got finals tomorow,no one else is complaining so i guess its like an rpg thats starts out simple but gets better, thanks for the tip guys

[quote name='Abdullah2']yea you cant enjoy much when you got finals tomorow,no one else is complaining so i guess its like an rpg thats starts out simple but gets better, thanks for the tip guys[/QUOTE]

Well, Karsh hates it. With a passion. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Well, Karsh hates it. With a passion. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's a fucking horrible series. I can't even watch whole episodes it's that bad. Ignore it. It's all fucking hype.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Well, Karsh hates it. With a passion. :lol:[/QUOTE]

because the religous part?

Eva is STILL my favorite anime series of all time.
Hell, I've bought the entire series 3 times now (VHS, DVD, Platinum DVDs), all of the manga (1-9), and even all of the big-ass action figures.

If you stick with it, it gets AMAZING after a few episodes. Oh, and when you reach the end of the series, MAKE SURE you watch "End of Evangelion" either right after the final two episodes or instead of watching them at all. Its pretty much the "real" ending to the series and its fucking incredible. You can skip over "Death & Rebirth" tho, its just a quick recap of the series (leaving out some MAJOR stuff) and the first half of "End of Evangelion".

Enjoy!

the "original" dvd version that came out a while ago has about the same video quality of the vhs version. whereas the platinum version has a much crisper video transfer with other artifacts cleaned up, not to mention all the extra goodies (ie commentary, blah blah blah). definitely go platinum if you're going to invest in the series. eva is one of my all time favorites and i waited specifically for a version like this before buying.

It pretty much sucks a million balls. Frankly I can't see how it got as popular as it did. There are far better mecha anime and far better angsty relationship anime out there. Look into them and don't waste your time or money on Hideaki Anno's animated couch trip.

It was pretty good back in the day. Looking back Shinji is just a whiny bitch. Today the anime market is just flooded with crap anyway. Back then you could be more appreciative of things. I guess gaming is the same.

The short anwser:Yes
The slightly longer anwser: Why the fuck are you posting here, go fucking watch eva right now, give meaning to your life. Side Note: Nirvanaguy777 humps EVA out of love.

Eva really lost my attention after episode 18. plus the quality of what I watched was crap. when I go back to school I'll look for torrents of the platinum and give it a second chance I guess.

I loved the series. Not my favorite, but its up there.
Give a couple discs a shot, if you dont like them, its not like thats a problem. We all have different tastes (some better than others obviously).

bread's done
Back