Is Game Crazy's 1-year Service Contract worth it for a DS Lite?

Sirmackerel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
It costs $20, and after reading the actual pamphlet, doesn't seem to cover as much as the employees want you to think. Normally, I wouldn't even consider this kind of thing, but I did plan on taking my DS Lite overseas with me this summer. Is it worth the $20?

My only concern is that when it all comes down to it, the Service Contract doesn't seem to cover anything beyond what Nintendo's warranty covers already. The only bonus is that with Game Crazy's Service Contract, I can get a new one right away and not pay shipping costs to have to send it somewhere for repairs.

I'd say dont buy it. I hear its exactly like Nintendo's warranty, which is free the second you buy it. Even though you would have to pay shipping costs, shipping would be less than the $20 you would pay for the warranty.

Nintendo doesn't pay shipping? Most manufacturers do.

Anyway, yeah, over 15% the purchase price just for one year is pretty bad, especially on something like a DS which is really quite durable. It really doesn't have much that can break without abuse... and abuse surely isn't covered.

Hmm, so Nintendo's 1 year warranty covers both labor AND parts costs? Alright then, I won't get Game Crazy's service contract then.

Don't waste your money on anything that doesn't go beyond the original warranty. If you have any problems with your DS, the turnaround is 2-3 days. Nintendo will send you a replacement FIRST, then you just send back the old one.

[quote name='Scorch']I'd say go for it, especially if you're going overseas.. who knows what the hell would happen to it.[/QUOTE]

voltage changes, ds lite goes poof!

btw, if thats true, get an international pack or something like that if theres one that is compatible w/ a ds lite, which all should, they have the same plug adaptors i think

Yeah, last time I went overseas, I brought a voltage converter w/ me that converted the outlet to 120 VC, so the DS lite charger should work with it. (It worked with my GBA SP charger.)

bread's done
Back