Is it legal to sell information on where to buy a game?

3QGojo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I was wondering if it's legal to sell information on websites such as Amazon.com, half.com, and ebay.com? What I mean is when someone is selling information on where or how to buy something?

Link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t.../ref=sr_pb_a/103-9980676-7689408?s=videogames

Seller: davidng02 (Safe buying guarantee)

Rating: 100% positive ratings over lifetime (2 ratings).

Availability: Item usually ships in 1-2 business days; Ships from OR, United States.
See shipping rates

Comments:
PLEASE READ: Information only on where to purchase this game with the game pad for only $52 two day shipped to your door. Item is in stock or your money back. Again, this is not the item but I will give you info on where to buy it for the low price. The retailer is widely known and is trusted. All you need is a credit card to make the purchase. Don't pay $150 for this game!

This guy is selling information that we all know...but is it even legal to do this?

Here's another from eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/INFO-Dance-Danc...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know why it would be illegal to sell information. Hopefully no one would buy this because it makes it very clear that, if you look long enough, you can find that price yourself.

These kind of sales happen all the time on ebay, but I'm not sure if amazon allows them or not.

How can I report them on Amazon? I've been through every section and I can't find anything on the topic (unlike eBay). Is there a place to report them on Amazon?

Hardly right to do so but there comes a point where if you acctually buy something like that you deserve what you get.

People sell information all the time (they're called "books").

However, information-selling in this respect is ridiculous.

Ya ever see those websites where you can 'subscribe' to them and they will show you where to download all kinds of movies, software, games, etc ?

You give them money and then find out that all their selling you is links to torrents that you coulda found for free using google.

personally, I dont really mind cons like this too much. These people are simply profiting from their target demographic... dumbasses.

The big problem with the eBay one is that the guy listed it in the Video Games -> Games category. You should only list there if you are actually selling a game. He did put INFO in the title even, but being in the Games cat makes it deceptive/in violaton of eBay's rules.

i think it can be worthwhile to buy coupons sometimes. For example, if dell.com has a % off coupon that i cant find, or it is one time use(and the ebay seller is selling an unused coupon for $10, and it would save me hundreds of dollars). That is something entirely different from this,

and as mentioned these auctions happen all the time, just dont bid, eventually the seller will get so many negs and get kicked off of ebay and the problem will fix itself

bread's done
Back