is it me or has the thread traffic and replies greatly reduced?

The Deals forum will always be the most active considering that's generally what attracts the users most. You come for the deals, everything else is just extra.

I've felt the same way almost all year here. It happens but also, what the hell happened to the big revamp we were going to get a long time ago? I remember a year and a half or 2 years ago hearing Cheapy saying big things were coming, completely new website, etc. but nobody mentioned it except for one other time about 8 months ago. That might attract more people. I feel people probably come here, check the most viewed/deals and leave. It might be that people have less money, find deals another way or have just left completely. Wish I knew!

Right now it is because people have gone back to school.

I think the general slowness is that people have moved on, have less of a need to come here, or our backlogs have finally gotten to the point we gotta play them.

In general I see some sites slowing down, but I think that's just how things go. People probably Facebook more now too.

[quote name='burritoman']
People probably Facebook more now too.[/QUOTE]

Actually Facebook has really slowed down from my perspective. I don't know about the rest of you.

[quote name='burritoman'] or our backlogs have finally gotten to the point we gotta play them.
[/QUOTE]

Now you're talking crazy talk!

It's just the usual summer slowdown. It'll pick back up and we'll be telling people to stick it in her pooper in a few weeks when fall comes.

[quote name='keithp']Now you're talking crazy talk!

It's just the usual summer slowdown. It'll pick back up and we'll be telling people to stick it in her pooper in a few weeks when fall comes.[/QUOTE]
Very true!

The backlog never quits growing anyways.

I only post in two threads and they are active as they've ever been.

However, in my observation, the 360 and Off-topic forums have seen a considerable slowdown over the last few years. There are times when I look at the 360 forum to see if a popular game has a thread, and nope, no thread—and it's been a week after its release.

Well when you think about it, most of social media came about well after CAG got started and really hopping. CAG is older than Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, 4Chan or Reddit. CAG was here before cats invaded the internet or people trying to make others feel bad with Zoidburg. Palm was a a vibrant company and Apple had just released their third version of the IPod which had a backlit screen and just opened the ITunes store a month before. Most early CAG's viewed from their Pentium 4 or Athlon XP systems on a CRT with a whooping 20GB hard drive. We talked about or Rhino visits and bitched about our run ins with EBayers at Circuit City $5 clearances. It was a more light hearted CAG, unless you ventured to the VS forums where your manly bits would get shredded by PAD or AlonzoMourning23.

Now we have lives and wives. Little CAGlings to watch and mentor. We have school or jobs stealing away the little free time we can sneak in for our hobbies. Yes my friends, we have grown old!

I'm still viewing CAG on a Pentium 4 as well but not on a CRT and I have a whopping 111 GB hard drive. :D I don't think many people would have P4 systems with 20 GB hard drives. My Pentium III PC had a 20 GB hard drive though.

I think forums in general are less active this year. Also, I think a lot of CAGs arent even really aware of the other forums here. I joined last summer and didnt even check out another forum besides the deals one until December

I've noticed. I don't post here that often anymore either. Back in college I was addicted to the community. Anyone remember stuff like the chipped tooth thread??

Haven't really noticed at all.

I usually post most on AWD and the GoHastings thread since most of the deals are within those two threads.

Google Trends shows a drop in unique visitors in 2011 but it has been trending back upward. http://trends.google.com/websites?q=cheapassgamer.com&geo=all&date=all

The owner of the site will obviously have better data if he's been keeping it and wants to divulge. Google doesn't really have data for 2012.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Everyone left for NeoGAF.

Except me, because I'm not a tranny nor a pony lover.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. This place seems way more laid back and fun than NeoGAF.

Comparing NeoGAF and Google Trends, both sites rival each other for visitors, but NeoGAF seems way bigger because the yentas over there love to post. http://trends.google.com/websites?q=cheapassgamer.com,+neogaf.com&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

And then there's this big tragedy of the Internet: http://trends.google.com/websites?q...m,+somethingawful.com&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

[quote name='seanr1221']I've noticed. I don't post here that often anymore either. Back in college I was addicted to the community. Anyone remember stuff like the chipped tooth thread??[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I would normally post a ton back in the day. I'm fully grown up now and have 2 young kids. Can't play on the computer as much :( I always check CAG everyday though so I don't miss out on any potential deals.

I still come here everyday. It used to be for the deals and 360 forums. Now its free stuff, blu ray/dvd, and off topic forums mainly. I also post a lot less

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Everyone left for NeoGAF.[/QUOTE]

I'm a neogaf leerker. Occasionally I see an ex-CAG over there. Though I have no interest in posting there, reading is enough for me. Most posters are pretentious, conceited, know it alls.

Everything besides the deals forums on CAG are ghost towns. I'll be honest, posting was more fun 4 or 5 years ago. Still, non-deal CAG has it's ups, it's a closer nit-community.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Agreed. I would normally post a ton back in the day. I'm fully grown up now and have 2 young kids. Can't play on the computer as much :( I always check CAG everyday though so I don't miss out on any potential deals.[/QUOTE]

Same reason here. I only post during my down time at work. Rarely ever at home. Family comes first.

Yeah, I don't even have kids and I'm much the same. Post when I need break at work (posting while scarfing dinner in my office now), but not much at all at home anymore.

I just work more and spend less time on hobbies, so I have less interest in discussing hobbies online than I did back in college or grad school.

I still post a decent amount though since I'm at a computer working so much.

bread's done
Back