Is it okay to buy Bioshock PC?

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Back when Bioshock was released on the PC, I heard that it had a couple of issues. The one I'm worried about the most is the widescreen issue where the view was somehow even more limited than when set to a standard 4:3 ratio. Has that been addressed in the 1.1 patch? If so, is configuring the game for a 16:10 WS monitor pretty straightforward?

Also, if I buy the physical copy of the game, will it give me the option of installing it both 'online' via Steam and off ('normal install')

I'm running Vista64. Are there any other issues that I should be worried about prior to buying the game? Thanks in advance!

Yeah, the widescreen issues have been resolved. If you buy the physical copy of the game, it has nothing to do with Steam, but there is that annoying "you only get X number of installs" issue. Just use a crack.

it's playable on a 4 year old rig which mind consists of a p4-3ghz, 2 gigs of ram and a 6800 gt 256 agp card. yea I don't get some of the nice direct x 10 pretties but it's playable. There are slowdowns in parts where when I shoot the machine gun but other than that, I beat it.

bread's done
Back