Is it possible to find a Xbox below $150?

Azul_KoolAid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
My Xbox was stolen and I want to replace it. Besides ebay is it possible to find one below $150? Has anyone bought a Xbox off of Ebay? How was the transaction? How much did you pay? Would you buy from them again? Sorry, for all the Q's I'm still kinda pissed that someone stole my Xbox that I bought.

[quote name='mmn']Buy a refurb. They work great and shouldn't run you more than $120.[/quote]

IMO, it is way much smarter buying a brand new Xbox. Investing an extra $30 is way more worth it, and most new store Xboxes usually have a 1.5 - 1.6+ version motherboard, and chances, the drive is either a Samsung, or Philips, not a thompson.

[quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='mmn']Buy a refurb. They work great and shouldn't run you more than $120.[/quote]

IMO, it is way much smarter buying a brand new Xbox. Investing an extra $30 is way more worth it, and most new store Xboxes usually have a 1.5 - 1.6+ version motherboard, and chances, the drive is either a Samsung, or Philips, not a thompson.[/quote]

Whatever you say man. I've had a refurb WITH a Thompson drive for over 2 years now and haven't ever had a single problem.

Have you ever actually owned a refurbed Xbox or are you just speculating?

Thompson drives do suck, but refurbs do not. Most refurbs have Samsung or Phillips drives now, refurbs are a better deal than used, and arguably a better deal than new if its an MS refurb. 1.5 and 1.6 mobo's are not desirable anyway.

I'll have to buy a new Xbox soon because my Thompson drive is failing. Waiting on a price drop I guess.

Make sure it is an actual refurb, and not just a repackaged used, like have been reported at EB Games recently.

I knew a hard core gamer who always insisted refurb DCs were better than new because the refurbs had a better driver.

It's kinda hard to miss refurbed Xboxes - they have a big white "REFURBISHED" sticker right on the bottom.

I picked up a used Xbox for $70 at a pawn shop =P
I would check flea markets and pawn shops they have no clue what to sell stuff for and you can find stuff for really cheap.

Yeah, I see XBox systems all the time below $100 at pawn shops. I agree that they have no clue what to sell stuff for, I picked up Fight Night 04 from one two weeks ago for $10 :p

[quote name='jesus020']in stores they sell for $149.95 witch is lower than 150 :lol:[/quote]

Damn, the moment I saw the topic header, I was gonna say that. Oh well.

It's not the fact that I'm cheap it's that I didn't plan on buying a Xbox. I already had one and I don't have $$ free to buy another one (I had a set gaming budget and other priorites) So, I was wondering if I could find one any cheaper. I have to decide if I want a factory refurb one or a brand new sealed one. sigh anyway it's going to be awhile before I get one.

bread's done
Back