is it possible to hook up a pc to a lcd tv?

garc4475

CAGiversary!
like to play emlators on it?

if so what would be a good pc to buy? sometihng that is along the size of the 360 or something...i've seen pcs that are that size like in libraries but idk what there capable of doing///...

also what would be an overall good setup like what keyboard mouse and gamepad?

Any PC can send a signal to an HDTV. Spend time learning the art of PC building, and then select a video card that has outputs compatible with your TV's inputs. The peripheral question depends on how far away you'll sit and whether or not you want wireless.

Well if you just want to play emulators, get something really cheap. I'm sure the EEE box could handle emulators. Best gamepad would be the 360 wired controller hands down.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Well if you just want to play emulators, get something really cheap. I'm sure the EEE box could handle emulators. Best gamepad would be the 360 wired controller hands down.[/QUOTE]

cool but i'm talking n64 as well

That could probably handle N64 roms but if you're big on it being small you can get the B206 for a bit more and it's more souped up with HDMI ports. However, for the same price you could build your own mid range PC that would be larger, more power hungry but more powerful. It's your call.

Actually nix the 360 wired controller for this. If you're looking to emulate that means you need a d-pad worth a damn and since we all know how bad the 360's is...

since it sounds like you don't plan to use the machine as a home server, instead of getting a dedicated HTPC-like machine, consider instead a cabling solution to use your existing desktop / laptop. a simple VGA cable for a laptop, or a KVM switch for a desktop (so you could switch the PC between your monitor and TV as needed).

HTPCs are fantastic, but half their worth comes from being great home servers and media players.. those eee boxes can't even handle hulu. if you just want emulators, i'm sure you can find a way to utilize the computer(s) you already have.

I have my computer connected to my TV via a VGA cable. My Logitech speaker system is already hooked up to my TV and PC (speakers have 3 outputs) so I still have my sound.

I have a 7 year old Sony 3.2 p4 Viao pc hooked up to the tv and while not powerful to output 1080p without stuttering, it does 720p flawlessslly. It also run emulators as well. For keyboard, I just use a mouse with windows on screen keyboard. While its a little annoying its better than having a keyboard constantly at the coffee table.

they have good n64 emulators? I'm curious, which do u use? Should be simple enuff, you can connect to an lcd tv via vga out or HDMI if your computer has the outputs, check to make sure the outputs on your pc match the capabilities of your tv.

bread's done
Back