Is it safe!?! to sell a MMORPG and email the codes right after paymen and ship box...

DD83

'nives 'n 'nades
Feedback
56 (100%)
I have a few auctions on ebay right now, one of which is for the CoV Collectors edition game, someone messaged me asking if I'd be willing to email the codes right after payment.

I wouldn't have thought twice except that he doesn't have any feedback.:whistle2:#

I was thinking it'd be okay as long as he has a confirmed address in paypal (as I'd still ship the actual game) so if he'd file an "item not received" complain I'd have a DC to show PP.

My other thought was to have them make a "Best Offer" for a little less than the BIN price with the terms that I only email the codes, or that I email the codes then ship the box. But I'm not sure how safe that would be.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

[quote name='kube00']How long have they been a member of ebay?[/quote]

Less than a month. I think it said April 25th or so.

Play it safe.

Someone placed a thread on here a few months ago about a similar situation. He emailed the codes and then sent the game. Within a day of sending the shipment, the payment was returned to the buyer with an explanation that the account had been hijacked.

The guy can wait 3 to 5 days to play his game.

Yeah I've actually done this. I sold a MMO account key not on ebay was through another forum. I sent the key right after payment didn't have any issues. But he had plenty of feedback/refrences.

I've also bought keys this way.

One time i did try to do the same on ebay to buy a key for WoW cause I wanted my fiance to start playing with me and it was kinda a spur of the moment thing. Tried to message a few people on ebay with WoW boxes ending withing the next 5hrs and took me a few before I found someone that didn't mind doing that. Most of the people didn't wanna "deal" with opening and giving me the key. Even though I told them I didn't need the box/cd's ect. *shrug*

But yeah if he doesn't have any feedback and is new to Ebay I'd say no go.

bread's done
Back