Is it worth purchasing Alundra or Tactics Ogre (PS1) from gamestop?

G33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I was browsing through gamestop's ps1 collection earlier today, and I noticed these two games in the ps1 bin, with case (don't know about manual). For gamestop's price of $12 and $36 respectively, are these worth picking up if they are still there the next time I stop by?

I've also seen games such as Tales of Destiny I & 2 frequent some stores, and according to the store locator, there were 3 copies of Suikoden II scattered around (currently down to 1).

[quote name='G33']I was browsing through gamestop's ps1 collection earlier today, and I noticed these two games in the ps1 bin, with case (don't know about manual). For gamestop's price of $12 and $36 respectively, are these worth picking up if they are still there the next time I stop by?

I've also seen games such as Tales of Destiny I & 2 frequent some stores, and according to the store locator, there were 3 copies of Suikoden II scattered around (currently down to 1).[/QUOTE]

Yes,Yes,Yes and Yes.

If your a rpg fan,all those games you list are excellent and fun games.Even if your not a rpg fan most people enjoy Suikoden II.The Tales of Destiny 1 & 2 isn't as great as Tales of Symphonia.The game mechanics isn't refine and less extras features compare to Tales of Symphonia.It still a great game thou.Be prepare to use the mute button,the voice acting is horrible.You can pick those up at gamestop,play them,then ebay them.At least you can play them for free and if there complete you also gain some profit out of it as well.

Beware,the store locator isn't always right.It all depend on the store policy and how well they enforce the store locator rules.Also,the cost of brick and mortor price different from website.They will prolly charge $60 suikoden ii compare to the website cost of $50.It still less then ebay cost.

Alundra is a damn good game and a steal at $12. One of the prizes of my PSOne collection. I'm looking for a copy of the 2 Ogre games myself, so I know I would jump on that one as well (assuming it's in good shape).

[quote name='G33']I was browsing through gamestop's ps1 collection earlier today, and I noticed these two games in the ps1 bin, with case (don't know about manual). For gamestop's price of $12 and $36 respectively, are these worth picking up if they are still there the next time I stop by?

I've also seen games such as Tales of Destiny I & 2 frequent some stores, and according to the store locator, there were 3 copies of Suikoden II scattered around (currently down to 1).[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

This has to be a joke post. "Hey guys, there are a ton of really rare PS 1 RPG's around me for half the cost of what they'd be on Ebay, should I buy them?"

Yeah, the condition was my main concern on whether it's worth picking it up or not. I've bought a few PS1 games from gamestop before (Star Ocean 2 for $15 was the last one) and in most cases, the disc is scratched (degree varies depending on the game), manual is slightly white bordered, case and disc holder are cracked, etc. They've all worked so far though, so I was wondering, what's the worst condition they could be in for me to keep it?

Edit: After reading my original post, I agree. It was a dumb question. I failed to ask anything about the condition of the game, which was my original intent.

If you love your RPGs and strategy RPGs, they're worth the money. Alundra is worth every single penny for $12 and is a fantastic, difficult romp while Tactics Ogre has an excellent story and interesting gameplay (you can see that Quest wasn't as forgiving with their gameplay systems before they were bought over by Square). Alundra should occupy most of your time and Tactics Ogre, with its branching paths and multiple endings, is long as all hell and requires a bit of level grinding if you want to survive most of your encounters.

For an eBay mogul...geez, pick those up now. Those prices are pretty ridiculous to let them just sit on a shelf!

Yes for Alundra, Tactics Ogre I'd make sure it's complete and in good condition. $36 is a bit more than I'd be willing to pay for a disk in poor condition.

Alundra is worth it as for how fun it is for how much it would cost you at Gamestop. I don't think it's really worth as much as some of the PS1 RPGs that you may say are B value PS1 RPGs but it's still one of my favorite PS1 games and I don't regret paying $45 for it when it came out since I played though it right away and enjoyed it. It also came with a map along with the manual.

Alundra is well worth it IMO as for how fun it is for how much it would cost you at Gamestop. I don't think it's really worth as much as some of the PS1 RPGs that you may say are B value PS1 RPGs but it's still one of my favorite PS1 games and I don't regret paying $45 for it when it came out since I played though it right away and enjoyed it. It also came with a map along with the manual.

Based on your comments, I guess I'll pick up Alundra and Tactics Ogre, provided they're in decent condtion and assuming one of the employees hasn't bought them yet. I don't think many other people bother with the PS1 section.

Does anyone know if Alundra is 1 disc or 2? I was at my local Gamestop today and saw two Alundras there (disc only; $11.99 each) but their disc covers were completely different (one had a red background; the other one blue). Were there different prints released or what?

Thanks in advance.

I didn't even know Tactics Ogre was going for that much disc-only. On Thursday I found a disc-only copy at EB for $35, but passed on it because it wasn't complete.

Well, I discovered that I was mistaken. It was Ogre Battle LE instead of Tactics Ogre (I did see a disc only TO during the B2G1F sale), but I went ahead and picked up it and Alundra anyway. I inspected the discs and found that they were slightly scratched and speckled, though they should play fine. The games were complete (Alundra had a map; OB had a class chart and stickers w/ one missing). Still worth $44 together if I was going to keep them for now?

BTW, anyone know how to get the sticky residue off of the case from the tape gamespot uses using household/inexpensive cleaners?

The copy of Alundra I picked up was in a blue two-disc case, with one disc.

Thanks for your advice!

(As a note for anyone who wonders why I didn't pick up Tactics Ogre during the B2G1F sale, I'd probably end up keeping it since I like SRPGs, and I dislike games that come disc only. I also didn't want any other games that were between $10-$40 used at the time, so the B2G1F sale didn't really help.)

[quote name='asianxcore']I didn't even know Tactics Ogre was going for that much disc-only. On Thursday I found a disc-only copy at EB for $35, but passed on it because it wasn't complete.[/QUOTE]

Getting $60 for a disc only Tactics Ogre was a fluke... check out completed auctions for Ebay, plenty of complete copies are still going for $60. I can't even find that magical disc only Tactics Ogre that sold for $60 in any of the completed auctions, as well.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Does anyone know if Alundra is 1 disc or 2? I was at my local Gamestop today and saw two Alundras there (disc only; $11.99 each) but their disc covers were completely different (one had a red background; the other one blue). Were there different prints released or what?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

It's one disc, and yes I do believe there were a couple of different prints made.

[quote name='RSGames']It's one disc, and yes I do believe there were a couple of different prints made.[/quote]

Thanks. Not knowing this, I actually picked up two copies (disc only). I was about to return the extra one, but thought I would offer it up to any CAGs who would be interested in a disc only (noticeable scratches/fingerprints; plays fine though) copy of Alundra fpr $15 shipped.

Let me know before my 7 days are up.

bread's done
Back