Is it worth springing for a RDR strategy guide?

danielhonigman

CAG Veteran
Just received the game yesterday; already seems as though it's bigger than any of the GTA games so far.

Is it worth springing for a game guide so I don't miss out on any secret prizes/etc?

I ended up buying the guide for RDR solely for the fact that I figured I'd try to do a speed run through it with the guide. I also figured like you that I'd want to find all of the secrets, though I'm having alot of fun finding those on my own as it is now.

Yet, I'm sure I'll use the guide for some things. Plus, the way I look at it I only spent about $5-6 to get the guide, since I used alot of cheap games to get the credit I paid for it with.

And to top it all off Gamestop gives you 20% off the guide($4) if you buy it when you buy the game. So that knocks it down to almost what guides used to be a few gens ago($15 each).

I never understood why people buy guides, especially for a game like GTA or RDR. You can always use Gamefaqs or similar sites to help you collect all the secret items in the game. However, if you're using the guide to get through the normal story mode of a game you're really defeating the purpose in my opinion. Just my 2 cents.

Game holds your hand so much (besides treasure maps) that your hands would be sweaty, so no, I don't recommend it either.

Much easier to 100% than GTA, for example. The red dead wiki has everything you'd wanna know, as well. Play through the game once and you'll be pretty set I'm sure. Plus, it's a fantastic game! enjoy the story!

bread's done
Back