Is Live screwed up for everyone tonight?

i am having a couple of problems with XBL.. My friends list doesn't show up anymore and it says that everyone is offline, some of the blades are loading very slow and in the marketplace I cant redeem any codes??

I can agree with this , I tried to download some live arcade games earlier and it kept giving me a "can't retrieve live info" error.

You can log onto live and see your friends list. But theres nothing available in the marketplace, you cant redeem codes, and you cant dowload the CoD4 update even if you managed to get the maps.

God forbid Microsoft anticipate increased traffic and demand on its live service the day a new map pack is released for the #1 live game. :roll:

yeah, the marketplace is dead to me right now and I can't redeem anything to get into the new maps. I guess thats what I get for sleeping in this morning.

Also, try clearing your cache for the COD4 update. Worked for me so I can at least play old maps and pretend.

I just got my 360 back from repair today and I'm trying to download my stuff again. No luck, it works intermittently, but not enough to actually do anything.

i was able to finally download everything needed...but i have been using up some 48 hour codes i had before i renewed my membership and sure enough i cant redeem any codes to get back to gold:cry:

[quote name='Poor2More']What exactly is my $10/month doing?[/QUOTE]

It lets you get ripped off, apparently -- LIVE is $50/year, which is $4.10/month.

Took forever to download the Army of Two demo...just tried playing and it was some horrible lag. Were talking the aiming going top to bottom, no middle. The character movement was uncontrollable...ugh, they better have this shit fixed soon.

same crap here.
Got the map pack downloaded this morning.
came back at 5, tried playing COD, update didn't work, deleted map pack (i thought it was the problem...doh.) and now i got it download the maps again, but no luck on the update, and marketplace is dead for me

Second big outage for XBL in 3 months? Nice. And everyone kept saying that XBL had never had problems in the previous 5 years.

Tried downloading the map pack for COD4 but got an error. Now, I can't even download the update for The Orange box!

Edit: I finally was able to download the update but i can't still download the maps for COD

I thought it was something with my HD-DVD drive since I just got Planet Earth today, and when I went to start it up for the first time it said there was an update, but it wouldn't let me download it.

it's so bad right now that my Zune marketplace can't even verify all of their skitty DRM.

looks like a total MS shutdown this evening.

Hopefully Microsoft will buy the rights to Madden 95 on the Genesis and give us a free download of that for compensation.

you know what i really like, i like that since ms has a pos console that breaks and i cant play my dlc without being on live, I cant fucking play any dlc.
it was awesome that my wife played puzzle quest for 3 hours today and it wouldnt save any of what she did because i had the "trial version"
this shit is unacceptable.

Keep trying. I finally got my points card code to redeem and I downloaded the CoD4 update. Im currently 60% done dl'ing the map pack, it's going pretty quick.

xbox live is taking a big fatty dump right now :(

this is pretty sad that the Live infrastructure can't handle the amount of users they have now. How can they expect to accommodate their desired growth?

It was everyone rushing to get the COD4 maps.. I know I sold at least 7 of those 1600 point cards tonight.. it was crazy

[quote name='paz9x']you know what i really like, i like that since ms has a pos console that breaks and i cant play my dlc without being on live, I cant fucking play any dlc.
it was awesome that my wife played puzzle quest for 3 hours today and it wouldnt save any of what she did because i had the "trial version"
this shit is unacceptable.[/quote]

Yea I used to be in your shoes but if you do this you can play anything without live:
Got to Marketplace tab ->Account Management->Download History->Click on all the games you want and redownload them(actually takes 1 sec so it just renews license or something)

All your games are now playable without an internet connection, however I don't know why they don't just add a download(renew) all my games button in the Download History. It'd do the same thing and a whole lot quicker plus the Y or X button options are blank so there is room for it. Plus I had to go through a years worth of downloads to make sure the games I wanted were unlocked. Talk about loyalty!

Add me onto the list, just tried to play Assault Heroes with a friend and it lagged like crazy, worms couldn't even get the game started?! Also had to update worms and that failed twice before taking the third time!? Checked my internet connection, actually running faster than during the day, everyones sleepin.^^

Been having problems the past 3 days. Can't buy/sell and card on MLB 2k8, had a hard time navigating the marketplace without being kicked out last night. I hope they fix this soon.

bread's done
Back