Is my 360 about to die?

Dr.Zoidberg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Last week, I was using the remote to hit eject and it would spin but wouldn't open. Turned it off and back on and just pressed the eject button and it worked. Today I did the remote again and it didn't work. Turned it off and on a few times and still wouldn't open. It's always been a stand on its side unit so I laid it down on its side and it opened. Is RROD coming or just failure of opening of disk tray? Thx.

Failure of opening disc drive is pretty common I read. It happened to my xbox elite and from what I read its pretty easy to fix but never did.

My old Xbox did this before I replaced it (in a rush) and gave it to my girlfriend (after I fixed it).

For mine, there is a rubber band on the gears that open the drive. It's got some dust or something on it or it is getting worn out. There should be youtube videos for it. Google it.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Every 360 ever made is about to die.[/QUOTE]

+1 [as applied towards original 360's]

LOL!

truth is funnier than fiction.

Sadly, my slim 360 (just over a year old, fairly light use) came up with an E64 error recently. I had traded in my launch 60gb fat (still working perfectly) for the slim 250gb when GS offered the huge credit, and thought I'd be set for a long time. Now I'm thinking that the last generation of fat XBox systems (with Jasper chipset) is probably more reliable than the slims. I do have backup Jasper systems still new, but didn't want to give up on a fairly new and supposedly reliable slim. So I paid the $100 and sent it in for repair.

Fortunately I have plent of other systems to play, but its a bummer that such a new design would crap out after such a short time; particularly considering it wasn't heavily used (never left on, always put away after playing in a padded backpack, to keep the cats from chewing the cords or whatever!).

I understand that all complex electronics products are subject to wear-and-tear, heat damage, etc. but its pretty disappointing that such a new design would crap out so quickly.

bread's done
Back