Is Nothing Left Sacred In Hollywood Anymore?!?! The Last Dragon now being remade! No!

I'm not watching this unless Jason Alexander plays Eddie Arkadian and Ernie Reyes Jr. plays the same part his father played.

I dunno how I feel about this. It actually might be a good thing in the long run, but I do agree that nothing is sacred anymore in Hollywood, they are even remaking a Nightmare on elm street.

But anyway I loved Vanity when I was young, maybe they get Beyonce or Alicia Keys to be Lara. :D let's see how this plays out.

I don't see how this movie could be considered "sacred." This looks like nothing more then yet another remake of a crappy cult movie.

I tried to buy the rights to Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon in 1998! I wanted to get it released on DVD. And for you Sam Jackson...Nick Fury, The Octopus, now Sho'nuff...How many characters must be destroyed by you?!

[quote name='slowdive21']I tried to buy the rights to Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon in 1998! I wanted to get it released on DVD. And for you Sam Jackson...Nick Fury, The Octopus, now Sho'nuff...How many characters must be destroyed by you?![/QUOTE]

I wonder what the record is for most appearances by any one actor? What ever it is, Jackson has got to pretty high on the list since he appears in, what seems like, 10 movies a year.;)

They could have at least made this part two with Leroy having a child of his own that he teaches. I wonder if they will make the original Leroy the father of the new one?

And for nostalgia sakes: "Who is the meanest, lowdown, baddest mofo' in this town?"
"Sho'nuff" Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

See, I actually have more of a problem with terrible cult films being remade than *good* movies.

It's like that remake of Rocky Horror they keep tossing around... how do these people not realize that you CAN'T remake it? The charm of the film is how utterly awful and cheesy it is, which you just can't replicate.

Just... god, just leave cheesy cult films alone. It's not even like there's a huge audience for it.

...Once again I have lost all faith in humanity.

WHY CAN'T YOU IDIOTIC BLOOD SUCKING EXECS QUIT JOCKIN' DECENT FILMS!?

Ugh. I will not support this remake in any way and I hope it bombs worse than DB.

Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. They're bringing a cult classic to a new generation.

If it turns out bad, you still have the original to watch. If it turns out good, more people will be interested in the original. I loathe people who automatically write off re-makes or song covers.

You'll always have the original to watch/listen to, and if you don't like the new version than, fuck it, you can just ignore it. Someone else will enjoy it.

[quote name='BillyBob29']I wonder what the record is for most appearances by any one actor? What ever it is, Jackson has got to pretty high on the list since he appears in, what seems like, 10 movies a year.;)[/quote]

I know that Danny Trejo has done way more movies than Sam Jackson. danny Trejo actually did 12 or more movies for a good long stint at one time. Still, John wayne has them beat.

[quote name='Greetard']Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. They're bringing a cult classic to a new generation.

If it turns out bad, you still have the original to watch. If it turns out good, more people will be interested in the original. I loathe people who automatically write off re-makes or song covers.

You'll always have the original to watch/listen to, and if you don't like the new version than, fuck it, you can just ignore it. Someone else will enjoy it.[/quote]

See, that's bullshit logic right there. They're not bringing a cult classic to a new generation. If they wanted to do that, then make a spectacular showing for the "original" and place it back in theatres. Make a commemorative DVD, a big broadcast of it on the tv, etc. To make an analogy for you, it would be like if some exec decided they wanted to bring the Mona Lisa to a "new generation" and fucking repainted it or something. All it does is detract from the original and shit on its legacy.

[quote name='Greetard']Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. They're bringing a cult classic to a new generation.

You'll always have the original to watch/listen to, and if you don't like the new version than, fuck it, you can just ignore it. Someone else will enjoy it.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='hiccupleftovers']See, that's bullshit logic right there. They're not bringing a cult classic to a new generation. If they wanted to do that, then make a spectacular showing for the "original" and place it back in theatres. Make a commemorative DVD, a big broadcast of it on the tv, etc. To make an analogy for you, it would be like if some exec decided they wanted to bring the Mona Lisa to a "new generation" and fucking repainted it or something. All it does is detract from the original and shit on its legacy.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Greetard's "bullshit logic" .

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']See, that's bullshit logic right there. They're not bringing a cult classic to a new generation. If they wanted to do that, then make a spectacular showing for the "original" and place it back in theatres. Make a commemorative DVD, a big broadcast of it on the tv, etc. To make an analogy for you, it would be like if some exec decided they wanted to bring the Mona Lisa to a "new generation" and fucking repainted it or something. All it does is detract from the original and shit on its legacy.[/quote]

I don't know that I'd equate the Mona Lisa with The Last Dragon. :lol: But I do think it's absolutely absurd to remake The Last Dragon. It's a movie that could ONLY have been made in the 80s.

bread's done
Back