Is Now the Time to Buy a Xbox 360?

Splatoon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
So I've decided to finally make the step up to HD gaming and pick up a 360, but as someone who's perpetually worried about missing out on a deal, I figured I'd ask and see if anyone knows of any potential price drops/hardware updates/bundles which might be coming out by Christmas. My plan was to go down to Best Buy and see if I could find a GOTY bundle with the new parts (or barring that, a regular Elite). If there's a fresh bundle coming down the pipe though, I wouldn't mind waiting a month or so. I'm not holding out for the Natal pack, and my research didn't turn up anything, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

If you need one soon, wait for the Elite price drop to $300. Should be happening by the end of the month.

As for a Natal bundle, I wouldn't wait for it. The tech still has a lot to prove and there are plenty of games to be played right now on the system.

I'm sure there will be a Xmas bundle for the 360, M$ seems to be pretty consistent with that. Given it will prolly be a couple platinum hits titles. IMO I'd just jump on the $299 elite when it hits,. You could also wait for a dell coupon to float around, but those seem to be more prominent in the spring.

Christmas time would probably be best. Look at it this way....Two things will definitely happen....One: The Elite price drop......And two: Various pack in bundles. Now on top of that if you dont mind buying games used you could always hit up GS to biuld up your game library a bit. Typically they'll have a good coupon or two to take advantage of around that time.

So in the end you end up paying $300 for an Elite with everything it comes with (pack in games and all). And if you hit up GS on a good coupon offer I'd wager maybe another $40 or so on four or five games. Of course that all depends on what games you go for.

Damn, this is why I fail at internet. Thanks for the heads-up on the price drop, probably saved me $100 bucks. What I'm probably going to do is head to my local Best Buy, Walmart etc. next month and see if I can find one with the new hardware and grab it. If I can't, I'll probably hold out for the holiday bundle (or possibly a good Black Friday deal). Now if only that PS3 Slim is fully backwards compatible...

I wouldn't buy an Elite even at $299 unless they put the Jasper chipset in there. Right now all the Elites (except the RE5 bundle) are using old chipsets. And insist to see the box before you buy; in the little window where the serial number is you will also see a current; you want 12.1A. Like this:

jasper2.jpg

Honestly, I don't think the Jasper is really addressing the issue that the 360's hardware has. I say just buy an Elite when the price drops.

Also aren't they including Halo 3 and Fable 2 in the Elites now. So you get 2 good ass games, and all the Elite offers for 300$. Damn good price to me.

I got the RE5 Bundle :) and ended up only paying about 70$ out of pocket :)

Wait for the Elite to drop in price at Dell, and wait for a coupon to show up.

You should be able to get an Elite for about $250.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely be checking for the new chipsets, as I doubt the RE5 bundle will be included in the drop (though you never know I suppose). Hopefully they'll be pumping out a decent bundle for Christmas.

I might jump once the drop is effect to get a component cable and HDMI cable in the older Elite packages. Christmas bundles seems tempting, wish I knew what games are being included though.

bread's done
Back