Is Oblivion similar to.....

xtchuh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Is it more similar to Fable... or to Morrowind?

The reason why is cause I couldn't get into Morrowind.... But I LOVED, LOVED Fable... Got addicted to that game... I love how there is action, but not too much (Well, unless you just wanted to be evil..)... And I keep on hearing GREAT THINGS about Oblivion...

P.S., I tried to first level on friends computer and it seemed great (Even though it was running like a turtle..)

It's more like Morrowind only with Fable like combat. (Better actually). I lost interest in Morrowind after about 40 hours. Oblivion however I put in about 150 hours and I was sad when I finished the game.

Oblivion is definitely more action-y than Morrowind was... the combat is far better than in Morrowind and there's not a ridiculous emphasis on the fighting depending on how you choose to play the game. It's essentially a faster paced Morrowind with far better combat and I definitely think it trumps Fable.

[quote name='zewone']If you loved Fable, then you'll want to have kids with Oblivion.[/QUOTE]

So, should I go for Twins and get the Limited Edition?

Oblivion is like Fable but 10x more boring. I like my games with more gratification though-- didn't have the patience for Oblivion, don't need a second life where everyone talks in poorly voice acted olde English and where the combat is clunky :lol:

I'm totally in the minority and probably about to get raped by half of CAG for saying this.

Oblivion >>>>>> Fable >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Morrowind

Morrowind was boring as fuck but Oblivion is not. Oblivion is more like Fable IMO which is great.

[quote name='evanft']It's more like Morrowind, which makes sense, since it IS the sequel to Morrowind and all.[/QUOTE]

O RLY?

[quote name='Apossum']Oblivion is like Fable but 10x more boring. I like my games with more gratification though-- didn't have the patience for Oblivion, don't need a second life where everyone talks in poorly voice acted olde English and where the combat is clunky :lol:

I'm totally in the minority and probably about to get raped by half of CAG for saying this.[/QUOTE]

Weird.. I found Fable to be extremely boring. I loved how open-ended Oblivion was.

I'd suggest renting it first but I think you'll like it.

I have a friend who hated Morrowind but has been addicted to Oblivion since it came out.

I think most of this is due to little tweeks Bethesda made. The combat system in Oblivion makes a lot of the battles shorter but much more interactive, you don't have to scroll through mountains of topics to find out basic information from people (most average people only have 1-3 choices), you can fast travel (teleport) to any site after you've been there and any section of the major cities from the begining of the game.

[quote name='Staind204']Weird.. I found Fable to be extremely boring. I loved how open-ended Oblivion was.[/QUOTE]

I like the action better in fable since it was tighter...but I'm more of an action fan than an exploration fan.

bread's done
Back