Is Rallisport 2 a known "problem disc"?

HeadRusch

CAGiversary!
I have a shitty first-edition Xbox from launch...with the dreaded Thompson drive. And lately I've been having GOOD luck with most games....but then I discovered one that is giving me real fits:

Rallisport Challenge 2.

After winning a race, it almost always can't read the disc. It means I run a race, and then the race ends..and HOPEFULLY it saves my results to the HD before I start getting the "click click" sound from the drive where it can't read the disc.

I was wondering if this is one of the known games that gives people problems...

When I had it (for, like, a week), I never had a problem with it. I've never heard of the disc having problems, either. I'm not aware of it being a problem disc. You might just have a bad disc.

I've had problems with it. My box usually dicks with me when I am first starting the game, but rarely, rarely crashes mid-game, so I live with it. If you can, exchange the game. I had a copy of Medal of Honor: Rising Sun that refused to load, exchanged it and it worked fine.

I had a non-thompson Drive and I had lots of problems with Rallisport 2. I simply wouldn't load certain matches about midway through the career.

Last night I got through about 4 matches unscathed....then, the dreaded "shhhhh-clik...shhhhhhh-click". Errored out. Restarted, re-ran race..same thing.
Went to different race. Same thing.

Loaded another game...no problem.....went back to RS2 a few hours later....loaded up same match, got through it..went on to next....no problem..went to another one, it locked up.

Is this a frickin heat issue or something? I'm about ready to rip the case off the bxo and run it naked like I do with mY PC's :p

Also yesterday loading up Pandora Tomorrow (for the first time) the game dumped me right into some test where I needed to unlock my handcuffs. No biggie, but the problem was the text on the bottom was all gibberish....it looked like C code actually......Unlock_trial>104 etc, etc.....reloaded and everything was fine again.

The sucky thing is: Do I go and just get a replacement xbox and hope it turns out better or do I wait on a 360 to play with the patches for all these games...?!?!?

:p

[quote name='HeadRusch']
The sucky thing is: Do I go and just get a replacement xbox and hope it turns out better or do I wait on a 360 to play with the patches for all these games...?!?!?[/QUOTE]

If you have the money for a 360 wait. by all means wait. I have RS2 great game however still not great enough to buy another console for it when the 360 is 2 days away.

bread's done
Back