Is Ridge Racer 2 worth $30 if you don't have the original?

briandadude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just picked up a PSP slim the other day and want to get some version of Ridge Racer.

I am leaning towards just getting the original at TRU B2G1 free unless the sequel is worth the extra money.

Thanks for your advice! :D

Wikipedia has the following for Ridge Racer:
"The game features a total of 24 courses (12 unique courses and the same 12 courses reversed) all taken from previous PlayStation games or the arcade-only title Rave Racer, and 54 unlockable (fictional) cars. "

And Ridge Racer 2:
"The game features a total of 42 tracks (21 unique tracks and the same 21 tracks reversed) - two tracks from Ridge Racer (these tracks also appeared in Ridge Racer V), three tracks from Ridge Racer Revolution, four tracks from Rave Racer, eight tracks from R4: Ridge Racer Type 4, and four tracks from Rage Racer. Every track from every Playstation Ridge Racer game is included as part of this package. The game also features a total of 62 fictional cars, including 4 Special Class cars. As you win races, you unlock faster cars."

I don't own either but I have been debating about the same thing as you. From what I read and others told me, Ridge Racer 2 is more like an add-on or expansion, since its the same exact game as the first one.

They play pretty similarly. I got the Asian version way back when Play-asia was having a sale on them (probably around 20 shipped from what I remember) and I'm very happy with the game. I have had more fun with it than Ridge Racer 6.

dont get RR, I'd rather get initial D. RR is so arcady and too easy for me. There doesn't seem to be a lot of depth to it. It may be fun for lke 5-10 min max, then it gets boring. IT's up to you though!

[quote name='VipFREAK']Any RR is not worth getting period.[/quote]

LOL.

I think it's a lot of fun in the higher classes when the skill comes in. You need to have your timing down pact to beat the later racers.

The idea of Burnout is cool but then 5 min. of the same unrealistic car bounce off the wall but get messed up gets old fast.

I don't think there's any car games I can recommend on the PSP let alone recommend a psp. I had one for about a month and then got rid of it. Dissappointing.

Oh btw, there's no debating this.

Get Ridge Racer 2. PERIOD. The Asian version is in full english and the game kicks all sorts of ass. Shit I'm gonna go play right now.

Of the two burnouts, I like Legends more (plays more like Burnout 3) because of crash mode. Dominator (which kinda has the Revenge look) takes out Crash mode. Some of the tracks are fun, though.

[quote name='eastx']Yeah VipFreak, you're practically trolling.[/QUOTE]

Him trolling? Perish the thought.

I'm in the same situation. I'm a fan of the Duel races from RR6, but not sure if I'm a big enough fan to merit buying it just for that feature.

RR 2 is the best Ridge Racer you can buy. 42 tracks! If you like RR, get the best one. $30 is a good deal too. I found mine on eBay for the same price sealed.

bread's done
Back