Is sex on the holodeck "cheating"?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
You know something like this will be invented someday. If it is would you consider it cheating if your significant other took part?

That's a tough one. I'm gonna say yes because your significant other would probably be upset if they found out.

It is cheating. Think about it this way, if your wife was making it with a holodeck man, chances are you will be upset. The only exception is if you are in one of those so-called open relationships like they have in Hippie communes in the 60s or Swinger type of situations.

Morallity is different with everyone though.....What I consider immoral may not be the case with you.

The Holodeck was designed for interactive stories... sorta like a Monkey Island FPS. So technically you'd have to create your own story in order to ACTUALLY fool around (read: get busy with a holo-hoe) so this would indeed be cheating as you have consciously decided to create and bone someone/thing who is not your signifigant other....

You would also have to clean your excreations off the floor after you turn off the program and the "woman" made of focused forcefields and light that you just finished plugging suddenly vanishes.

yes. Eew.

No, more like playing with toys to get off . I can see how it could be considered cheating on some level but thats just the way I look at it.

I'm gonna say no.

I mean, it's basically just jerking off. Isn't it? You're not nailing anything other than a computer generated character. Would playing Leisure Suit Larry be cheating?

On another note, what brought this question on?

If you were boning a human holo deck program yes. If you decide to bone a klingon, romulan, vulcan, tribble, etc...then no.

it isn't cheating unless you get caught btw. what happens in the holodeck stays in the holodeck

I would have said that if you had to ask such a question, then you wouldn't be getting sex in the first place, and thus wouldn't have to worry about cheating. But you're married.

Quite the conundrum...

well, doesnt it depend on the position? the grim reaper reach around isnt really cheating, its more like a political statement!

If it hurts the person you are in a relationship with, then yes. If you are more interested in a 'holo' girl than her, then yes. I personally would get a kick out of a holodeck and all the fun that could be had. Just would need to find a women with the same mentality.

I'd say it's cheating. I wouldn't want to find my significant riding the tool of some holo-guy, so I would never do it either. It's really that the holodeck character could potentially show human emotions and reactions, making it too similar to a real person. If she was on the holodeck screwing an impersonal sex-bot, then I wouldn't feel so bad about it.

It isn't cheating. This is no different than masturbation or playing with toys. It's fulfilling your fantasies that you would normally not do in the real world. Besides, it's foolish to be jealous of a solid light hologram. It's like being jealous of a vibrator or dildo or a blow up sex doll. Granted these are very real looking but until these things are actually real flesh and bone it's still not a human being. Only a real human being is even worth the consideration since there's the possibility of STDs and pregnancy.

I just remember this episode of Star Trek where some guy was obsessed with this hologram on the holodeck (or vice versa) and it led to all sorts of complications. Maybe I'm paranoid and jelous and stuff (it's my meds, I swear) but I'd wreck the holodeck before letting my significant other fuck something on it.

I don't think it's cheating I guess. Would I be bothered if my sig other was boning some holodude? Probably at first but then I'd just whip up 3 holobabes and bone them all at the same time. See - everyone wins! I look at it as another toy or something to experiment with - plus if you get your sig other to join in the possibilities are endless!

It's tough line to draw though because if I came home one day and my sig other was on the holodeck holding hands with the holodude at the beach watching the sunset or something then that might be a sign that my relationship is in trouble (and she's completely mental)...

This thought first crossed my mind when I saw star trek for the first time when I was like 9...

Why would you ever want to leave? You can literally play god. Create a world as you see fit... Would anyone not love it? "Its only imaginary" Well, life is what you make it. This is just taking it to the extreme.

Anyways... how would you get caught? We're all nerds. We'd know to have the computer remove all the doors from the simulated room and then password protect the program to stop someone else from editing it...

so she wouldn't notice that you're gone for hours out of the day? and then can't get in the holodeck while you're gone and can't see the program you were running when you were in there?

No. You would need to have a significant other in order for it to be cheating, and judging by the question asked, you do not=-P

It's the equivalent of having a Realdoll. It isn't cheating, but it isn't lovin' and your significant other probably won't like it. I will say this though, with a holodeck all kinds of scenarios that could never happen in real life will be happening. I don't think someone's wife wants to walk in and see her husband nailing a hologram of her sister or mother. That wouldn't be a pleasant conversation. I think if you have a spouse or significant other you really don't need to be in the deck in a sexual situation without your loved one anyway.

In Star Trek they dealt with holo-addiction with Reginald Barclay. He was having an "interlude" with holographic images of Deanna Troi and Dr. Crusher and they weren't pleased, lol.

[quote name='ZionIsAHomo']This thought first crossed my mind when I saw star trek for the first time when I was like 9...

Why would you ever want to leave? You can literally play god. Create a world as you see fit... Would anyone not love it? "Its only imaginary" Well, life is what you make it. This is just taking it to the extreme.

Anyways... how would you get caught? We're all nerds. We'd know to have the computer remove all the doors from the simulated room and then password protect the program to stop someone else from editing it...[/QUOTE]

"honey? are you in the Holodeck again?....darn he's inthere so much I wonder what program he's running... Leather Bitches of Cornhole 9?!?"
*video phones divorce lawyer*

I remember Janeway on Voyager getting into a tuadry affair with an Holodude dispite still having a husband at home, the thought that she may never see him again made her wonder if she should get it on with the Holo or not so they do seem to suggest it could be considered cheating... but then again Janeway always did come off as a excessively over moralistic tightass, atleast untill the last episode. when she broke every rule in the book to go back in time and save her ship.

In Star Trek they dealt with holo-addiction with Reginald Barclay. He was having an "interlude" with holographic images of Deanna Troi and Dr. Crusher and they weren't pleased, lol.

I think that was the episode where they first state creating holos of fellow Starfleet crewmembers was prohibited or something.

I forget where I heard it but it's always made sense to me:
"the hologdeck will be the last invention humanity ever creates"
Why? because why would you ever go back to real life if you had a true working deck? It'd be the end of humanity and no one would have sex with each other again.... except maybe by accident.

I say as long as you clean up the puddle of jizz when the hologram cuts off...you can program the holodeck to show a holo-person of your wife and you could tell her and she would be programmed to say "it's ok" and your concience would be clear.

You can then have make up sex with the holo-person and you could have the other holo-ho come in and you could kick a three-way with them. That way everyones out in the open.

Then you could program the holodeck to have a fake holodeck and you could program within the program to program a holo-you....then you can kick your own ass for being so stupid and have a holo-picard dance the irish jig on his chest.

Then you can holo-eat some holo-food and collect all the holo-pokemons for an all out holo-poke-battle....

Holo-problems, holo-solved.

I'm puzzled by a lot of people's responses that "if you don't tell then it's cheating" or if you are sneaking around then it's cheating" etc. If you sleep with someone and tell your sig other about it then is it all of a sudden not cheating? The other's reaction shouldn't factor in, should it (maybe it should?)? If I had the green light to bang anything that walked I still wouldn't do it because I personally think that is cheating - permission or not. Banging someone on the holodeck though I definitely don't think is cheating... there's no shared connection...

holodeck1qc.jpg

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I say as long as you clean up the puddle of jizz when the hologram cuts off...you can program the holodeck to show a holo-person of your wife and you could tell her and she would be programmed to say "it's ok" and your concience would be clear.

You can then have make up sex with the holo-person and you could have the other holo-ho come in and you could kick a three-way with them. That way everyones out in the open.

Then you could program the holodeck to have a fake holodeck and you could program within the program to program a holo-you....then you can kick your own ass for being so stupid and have a holo-picard dance the irish jig on his chest.

Then you can holo-eat some holo-food and collect all the holo-pokemons for an all out holo-poke-battle....

Holo-problems, holo-solved.[/QUOTE]

picards scottish, so no programmible irish jig for you

[quote name='the_gloaming']If you're sneaking around to do it, then yes.[/QUOTE]

So you do your masturbation out in the open? How avant garde!

bread's done
Back