Is Tales of Rebirth ever going to come out here?

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
I'm slowly losing all hope that this or the Destiny remake is ever going to hit US shores... kind of a shame too, because Tales is a fun series and it's a shame we might never see Rebirth :(

I doubt it. I haven't heard anything about either Rebirth or the Destiny remake coming stateside. I ended up importing them.

At this point rebirth probably wont make it. There is a slim chance Destiny remake might make it, as Namco did a survey and that includes some Destiny pics. A lot of us didnt think we would be seeing Abyss after the poor sales of Legendia. Namco also hasnt announce their E3 lineup yet.

Like already stated, my guess would also be no. I just gave in and imported it around the time Play-Asia had their last big sale.

On another note, I think I hate Rebirths battle system the most because of their three battle lines or whatever the heck they're called. Also is the remake of Tales of Destiny (not II) on the PS2 worth the import? I've been on the edge about getting it but it's still rather pricey to import for a game I own the original of.

Ugh... Namco butchers this fucking series more than anyone.

The worst part is they seem to be assholes about letting anyone else localize and publish the games here, besides letting Nintendo publish Phantasia for the GBA.

I'd love to play the Phantasia remake on the PSP, Tempest on the DS, Destiny remake and Rebirth on the PS2, Namco x Capcom...

I really wish I knew why they were so picky about which Tales games to bring out, or just let someone else like NISA (who expressed interest) localize and publish the games themselves.

I thought we were beyond missing out on great RPG's, but I guess not. And it's not because the PS2 is dead because it still has legs, especially when it comes to RPG's. If nothing gets brought up at E3 I'll just lose hope.

[quote name='Roufuss']

I really wish I knew why they were so picky about which Tales games to bring out[/QUOTE]
Rebirth is 2D. There's your answer.

And I heard Tempest was ass.

I'm sure this is a poor consolation to everyone, but if anyone is interested, I'm in the process (a very long process BTW, so don't be expecting me to finish any time soon) of subbing Rebirth's storyline on Youtube. Here's the linky to my channel:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=lanyn :spam: (and proud of it!)

You can also just do a search for "lanyn" if you'd prefer that. Comments, questions, flames, corrections, and whatever are welcome. I'd encourage everyone who can to import ToR though since I personally think that the battle system is probably the best part of the game.

And sorry for bumping an old thread. I figured it was the lesser of two evils (as opposed to starting a new thread).

bread's done
Back