Is that a raincOTT? Yes it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
american20psycho20splasbk8.jpg

I was all pumped this morning cause I just realized that we're a day away from May and May means E3. But then I found out that E3 got moved to July this year. Teh sadness. I sooo want to go to E3 but I guess you need to be a member of the press to make it in .. plus there's that whole traveling to Santa Monica thing. But I think I'd make the trip if I could get a pass.

[quote name='Hex']such anger. :cry:[/quote] Just matching the complaint tossed out there by the first post about us being lazy assholes. ;)

[quote name='shrike4242']Just matching the complaint tossed out there by the first post about us being lazy assholes. ;)[/quote]

...touche. Still, give me a title. I'm sure in your old age you can come up with something passable.

[quote name='Maklershed']Hex, you stole my line in the mergers and acquisitions thread![/quote]

I know. I still love you though Bateman. Play some Huey Lews for me.

[quote name='Hex']...touche. Still, give me a title. I'm sure in your old age you can come up with something passable.[/quote]Wouldn't my obvious senility make me excluded from picking a title? :whistle2:s

Just cause I want to read it over and over and laugh...

Patrick Bateman: Do you like Huey Lewis and the news?
Paul Allen: They're OK.
Patrick Bateman: Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83,I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consimante professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour.
Paul Allen: Hey Halberstram.
Patrick Bateman: Yes, Allen?
Paul Allen: Why are their copies of the style section all over the place, d-do you have a dog? A little chow or something?
Patrick Bateman: No, Allen.
Paul Allen: Is that a rain coat?
Patrick Bateman: Yes it is! In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.
[raises axe above head]
Patrick Bateman: Hey Paul!
[he bashes Allen in the head with the axe, and blood splatters over him]
Patrick Bateman: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU fuckING STUPID BASTARD! YOU, fuckING BASTARD!

[quote name='shrike4242']Wouldn't my obvious senility make me excluded from picking a title? :whistle2:s[/quote]

no. it would probably add to the comedic outcome, more than anything. ;)

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Just cause I want to read it over and over and laugh...

Patrick Bateman: Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83,I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consimante professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour.
Paul Allen: Why are their copies of the style section all over the place, d-do you have a dog? A little chow or something?
Patrick Bateman: Yes it is! In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.
[raises axe above head]
Patrick Bateman: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU fuckING STUPID BASTARD! YOU, fuckING BASTARD![/quote]

:applause:

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Just cause I want to read it over and over and laugh...

[raises axe above head]
Patrick Bateman: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU fuckING STUPID BASTARD! YOU, fuckING BASTARD![/quote]

Protip: It's Dorcia. :D But still, best scene from any movie, anytime.

It's always fun when you call a client to try and resolve the issue, and find that they are using pirated software.

On top of that, the pirated software completely fucked up their machine. For example, they installed Office XP on one machine using a zipped file, which came conveniently paired with a "cdkey.txt" file. (I had to use Webex to remote log into their machine, so I saw all of this).

What happened is something I've never seen before, but I can understand how Windows got fucked by it. Basically, some dumbass installed Office XP from this zipped file, but they obviously didn't use one formatted to be done from a zipped file, so now - and this AMAZING - the C drive on that computer thinks it is a CD drive.

I am not even kidding. It has a CD drive icon and everything. Windows still shows it as a 120 gig HD, but the damn thing thinks it is a CD drive. You can add/delete/move files, but Windows honestly doesn't truly know wtf the drive itself is.

So when I tried to map out a drive and access it, it kept telling me it couldn't find the setup.ini file. When I deleted the pirated bullshit, it kept trying to access the mapped drive as a file, not a drive at all. There's no way for me to map it out, and thus no way to solve the problem (this is for a peer-to-peer network, and our software requires a mapped drive, so they are totally SOL right now).

Add to this about twenty other things this client's tech fucked up, and their entire machine is shot to hell and back, where it was then shot to hell again.

I have a feeling the person who did this was the woman I was on the phone with actually, because she got really quiet and passively angry once I was telling her that her machine was fucked nine ways to Sunday.

So I guess it doesn't help that I told her she mostly likely needs to format everything and start over from scratch.

There's a lesson in this, kids - know about your shit and how to use it, and make sure whatever goddamn Geek Squad numbnut high school script kiddie hacker who wrote his own version of Artillery actually makes the attempt to RTFM, or else your entire insurance agency is going to be down for a few days and lose you a few thousand bucks in bidness.

80 minutes of my last work day devoted to this nonsense, and now I've got to type up a goddamn report on it.

Oh well. Shadenfreude is in full effect now, bitches.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']no. it would probably add to the comedic outcome, more than anything. ;)[/quote]
Comedic outcome? Me? You must have me confused with someone else.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Days like today make me appreciate a nice woman in a cute sun dress.[/QUOTE] What about a cute woman in a nice sun dress? :drool: :drool: :drool:

I love working with CAD, especially when you boss tells you to shrink one object, then scale it up, then shrink it because he's constantly adding new shit to it.

use your artistic eye.
My artistic eye is for meaningful, organic, living things, not a scaled representation of fucking electronic shit.

[quote name='Maklershed']Blasphemy![/quote]

seconded. Soodmeg just doesn't have good taste.

Bateman, if you can come up with a better Psycho OTT title, I'd be glad to put it there instead.

[quote name='Hex']seconded. Soodmeg just doesn't have good taste.

Bateman, if you can come up with a better Psycho OTT title, I'd be glad to put it there instead.[/QUOTE] "Don't just stare at it, OTT it."

Or "Don't just stare at OTT, eat OTT", I suppose.

[quote name='Maklershed']Subby's is pretty good .. my suggestion is

"I've gOTT to return some video tapes"[/quote]

Sub's were awright, but you really have to know the movie to get it... As for your's, that's a good one. I'll slap it up in a bit. :D

[quote name='Hex']Sub's were awright, but you really have to know the movie to get it...[/QUOTE] But that's why they're good. fuck the nonbelievers! :lol:

What about "The Feed Me a Stray Cat OTT"?

Yeah...right.

Anyway...beating fucking Gears of War by yourself on Insane is ......umm fucking insane.

I am getting crushed here.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']But that's why they're good. fuck the nonbelievers! :lol:

What about "The Feed Me a Stray Cat OTT"?[/quote]
.. Good point. :lol: I was afraid he was gonna shoot the kitty, I felt like such an asshole for being glad he shot the old woman. :oops:

[quote name='Strell']I demand royalties for this title.

:)

Also, prmononoke, that was just mean. But highly amusing.[/quote]

Assuming you are referring to the dead horse comment, thank you. If you're not, then I have no idea what you're talking about.

I can't stop listening to this All That Remains album. "Six" is such a sweet song.

[quote name='Hex'].. Good point. :lol: I was afraid he was gonna shoot the kitty, I felt like such an asshole for being glad he shot the old woman. :oops:[/QUOTE] I laughed at the woman getting shot instead. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I laughed at the woman getting shot instead. :lol:[/quote]
I loved how one round from his GBlock handgun blew up the cop car. :D

Why NOTT BoycOTT Summer Semester?

Two finals on Wednsday, then I get like two weeks off before I go back...even though I haven't signed up for classes yet(No worries, I go to community college).

[quote name='Strell']Ahhh. 2.5 hours later and 2.5 pages later, I'm done with that call.

Hooray for final dayz at teh offiz.[/quote]

You be quittin'?

Just a temp position. I'd probably stay on given the chance. It obviously affords me time to be in the OTT most of the day. :p

Eviltude, why do that, when I could put strychnine in the guacamole?

There were large grains of salt!

[quote name='Strell']Just a temp position. I'd probably stay on given the chance. It obviously affords me time to be in the OTT most of the day. :p

Eviltude, why do that, when I could put strychnine in the guacamole?

There were large grains of salt![/quote]
Gotcha. Do you enjoy the jorb itself?

And mmmm, strychnine.. wait, that's the bad part of LSD, right? :shock:

Well I got a call from Penn Station for a job interview. But I still don't know if I have a job at olive garden. I'm calling olive garden at 3pm when they guy gets in. Penn Station is local place that makes subs, they make really really good subs. The only cooking would be a grill to cook the meat on, and a deep fryer.

They make awesome subs. Everything is fresh, and delicious.

[quote name='Eviltude']BTW, I've never seen the OP movie. Whats it called again? I want to say American Psycho but I'm not sure.[/quote]

Bingo, homeslice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back