Is that a wiimote, move, or kinect in your pocket...

the3rdkey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
or are you just happy to see me?

What does everyone think of these silly devices?

I like conventional controllers.

ZING!!!

Motion controls are a joke, a fad and a waste of time. I always turned off the motion controls in any game that allowed me to since I prefer to sit back, relax and not have to look like I'm having a seizure playing a game with waggle control.:roll:

I'm not a huge fan. Motion controls work is some contexts (Wii Sports Bowling is awesome!), but I'm not a fan of shoehorning in motion controls in where they dont belong.

To me it will never be the preferred method of control for most game types, but I can see it existing in the periphery for some game types where it's a natural fit.

Without physical feedback motion controls are useless. There is not one thing a motion controller can do that you cant do in a normal game with a normal controller.

Only reason I have one at all is because it came with my wii. I wouldnt mind having a kinetic or move just to play with and experiment but I wouldnt pay more than 30 bucks for a entire setup of either one.

I like to relax and play games, I dont want to swing my arms around, stand up the whole time or other shit. I want to lay back and enjoy the game, I dont want to seperate myself from the game by having to tell myself to make arm or body gestures. Controllers in your hand are perfect because its the least distance between your brain and your body working the control.

I'm barely interested in games lately due to the entire industry getting a case of sequelitis, but when I play, it's going to be with a regular controller.

As much as I'd love to learn the dance routine to "Poison" by Bel Biv Devoe, I can't spend the money on Kinect solely for that.

Message boards from 2006 called, they wanted to hear us complain about having to wave our arms around.

In all seriousness though, I still think it's a perfectly fine idea in some regards, although if it was supposed to be the next evolution in gaming it certainly wasn't. Nintendo barely implements any noteworthy motion control in their own games, and considering they're supposed to be the leader of the whole movement that's probably not a good sign. I definitely enjoy motion controls for golf games, light gun shooters, and other similiar games where there is a clear advantage to having motion controls, but these aren't exactly the makings of greatness. Games that toss in "jerk the controls" moments are definitely annoying.

Eh, i'm getting the Move, two sets. I liked RE4 for Wii, so playing KZ3 with the Move will be fun :) The Kinect doesn't click with me, i have to wait and see what people say.

[quote name='Serpentor']Eh, i'm getting the Move, two sets. I liked RE4 for Wii, so playing KZ3 with the Move will be fun :) The Kinect doesn't click with me, i have to wait and see what people say.[/QUOTE]

Kinect will have a demo at the Macys in Herald Square, if interested. It starts on the 15th.

Take the A train to West 4th. Transfer to the B, D, F, or M train(s) to 34th. They all go there.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Kinect will have a demo at the Macys in Herald Square, if interested. It starts on the 15th.

Take the A train to West 4th. Transfer to the B, D, F, or M train(s) to 34th. They all go there.[/QUOTE]

You going? That's tomorrow... Hmmm, i can stop by during lunch :) I want to see how responsive the thing is (in person). Most importantly, watch the faces of the players, frustration or enjoyment (or in between, lol).

bread's done
Back