Is the disc required for getting PS2 online?

alfonsosoriano

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Because I'd love to buy a used Network Adapter for $7.50 on ebgames, but it says a CD may not be included. Just wondering what I'd have to do then.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Because I'd love to buy a used Network Adapter for $7.50 on ebgames, but it says a CD may not be included. Just wondering what I'd have to do then.[/quote]No, with games that are online enabled you can set it up through their menus.

Keep in mind I haven't done this, I've just been told this by friends at other forums.

[quote name='ShimSham']No, with games that are online enabled you can set it up through their menus.

Keep in mind I haven't done this, I've just been told this by friends at other forums.[/QUOTE]
Yep, each online game has the software on it and will prompt you to set up your online when you try to go online. It should only take a few minutes at the most to set up your network configuration file.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Alright, cool. Is it as easy as Live, or do you think I'd need the instructions?[/quote] Easier than Live, considering you don't have to go through all of the signing up and credit card business. Plug it up with some network cable, choose the correct settings, it'll test the connection and that should be it considering there are no problems. It takes all of 2 minutes total.

if u have live ur just not gonna like it..after awhile u can almost not tell ur even playing online theres no stats or anything it just lacks alot of replay value I loved it for awhile tho.

[quote name='Skelah']if u have live ur just not gonna like it..after awhile u can almost not tell ur even playing online theres no stats or anything it just lacks alot of replay value I loved it for awhile tho.[/quote] It depends on the game. Take for instance MGS3 Subsistence, it will have online ranking and stats, from what I've read at least.

bread's done
Back