Is the Guy Game rare?

gmoney1234567890

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
B4 you get mad at me or anything, no I don't want this game. I don't want to play this game.
In a bit of curiosity, I'm just wondering if it is rare or not and how much the game would fetch.
Thanks,
G$

[quote name='gmoney1234567890']B4 you get mad at me or anything, no I don't want this game. I don't want to play this game.
In a bit of curiosity, I'm just wondering if it is rare or not and how much the game would fetch.
Thanks,
G$[/QUOTE]

Not very rare around here. It was supposedly pulled from the shelves because it had an underage girl in it or something, but I certainly see it at all the game stores still.

I think it still retains a little value, but just check eBay and see what they are going for.

[quote name='slimymeteor']There are multiple copies of it at every EB and Gamestop around here.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I think you might not be able to sell it on ebay because of the underage thing.

[quote name='lionheart4life']Ditto. I think you might not be able to sell it on ebay because of the underage thing.[/QUOTE]That must be it, because I've also seen it at EB recently, meaning it couldn't have dropped off the face of the earth.

[quote name='lionheart4life']Ditto. I think you might not be able to sell it on ebay because of the underage thing.[/QUOTE]

I've seen some completed auctions get around this though, which is amusing. They put something like "The Guy Spring Break Playstation 2 Game" or something weird like that, that still has the guy game in the title.

It may be worth the investment.. I mean, look at the Bubble Bath Babes or whatever it is game on NES, Custer's Revenge for the Atari (along with the other two games developed by the same company, but their names slip my mind at the moment), and Night Trap on Sega CD. Our society is still far away from accepting nudity in media such as games and non-premium television (like in Europe and whatnot). That fact alone tends to drive these games up in value due to taboo. I'm sure some article will surface in a gaming magazine 5 years from now featuring such games, and people will search Ebay looking for the thing to play on their PS3's.

Oh yeah, I forgot that eBay was one of the few places that actually did pull it. Ignore my previous advice about checking for it there.

[quote name='shipwreck']Oh yeah, I forgot that eBay was one of the few places that actually did pull it. Ignore my previous advice about checking for it there.[/QUOTE]

I was looking into this a while back as my GR has 2 copies (on clearance) and I was thinking of ebaying them. It seems many people get around the ban on selling it by not using the UPC for one thing and making strange titles like the other poster mentioned. So you CAN find completed auctions, you just have to look a bit more creatively. This probably hurts the values these people are getting though.

That, combined with the embarassment of buying it, has kept me from trying to pick up a copy at GR :D. If their clearance hits 75%, though, I might just get it and put it away and see what it's worth in a few years.

It's hard to find but not really rare per se. The hubbub is rather amusing considering the girl should be punished for illegally passing herself off as an adult. It's no different than trying to get alcohol or cigarettes underage with a fake ID. The only difference is the nudity isn't bad to your health while cigarettes are beer are.

I actually have seen the PC version in EB quite a bit, but I believe the idiot girl is removed from the PC versions now.

You can sell it on ebay, but you must list it in their mature audiences category. It usually fetches about $30 on there, that's what I sold my last one for, but i can't say for sure because you can't search completed listings in mature audiences.

bread's done
Back