Is the LG Chocolate a"girl" phone?

redsox6391

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was thinking about buying the black Chocolate for my birthday (first cell phone), and I was wondering if it is considered a "girly" phone. I have seen three girls at school around with it, and one guy. Should I be worried?

My best friend's GF's friend has it (and yes, she's a girl). Umm. My friend who's a guy has one. I know other guys who do. It is kinda girly though.

I don't think the phone is girly, but I think you're girly for being worried about getting a girly phone. Come on Sally, It's not like we're talking about a pink razor here.

It's a fucking panty-dropper, I'll tell you that much. ;) I get compliments from girls on it all the time.

The thing is, the phone itself is kind of frustrating to use. I'll spare you a long winded critique but I'll put it this way - a lot of people when they ask to borrow it can barely use it. The "heat/pressure sensitive" dial on it can not touch your cheek or all sorts of shit goes down. I have accidentally called people just from my phone touching my cheek. You have to use the velvetteen touch of a dandyfop when using this thing.

It's a good phone for a surgeon.

Or if you do get one and people do tell you it's girly just tell it's your GF's phone and she moved to Canada.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']If having a "girly" phone bothers you, then maybe you have larger issues to deal with.[/quote]

Seconded. I'm confused as to what makes a phone girly in the first place. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']If having a "girly" phone bothers you, then maybe you have larger issues to deal with.[/QUOTE]

3rd who gives a fuck what something looks like.

Only time you should be worried about what something looks like is if your in a bar and the chick you've been talking to has 5'0 clock shadow. Then you worry about looks. Other then that you like the phone buy it.

[quote name='CitizenB']3rd who gives a fuck what something looks like. [/QUOTE]
Most people who use cellphones.

[quote name='Cormier6083']It does seem like a girl phone, since chocolate does induce sexual feelings in women.[/QUOTE]

Umm.. it has the same effects in men.

And yes it's a girly phone, the only cell phone I have seen that's not is the iPhone.

[quote name='David85']Umm.. it has the same effects in men.

And yes it's a girly phone, the only cell phone I have seen that's not is the iPhone.[/quote]

Really? Never really noticed.

i just went to get a new phone today because my two years is up, I was pretty much choosing from the V, enV, and Chocolate. I went with the V because it was the cheapest ($100) and has the keyboard, sure its pretty bulky, but I like it so far, though it does have a weird feel holding it up to talk, being so bulky, but I am a big dude so its fine by me. The Chocolate does look sexy when you flip it out though.

I have it.

It will garner lots of compliments but nothing else. Its hard to dial without looking at the key pad, and is a terrible phone to use if you talk while driving. Moreover, if you keep the phone in places where it may move back and forth it will call people sometimes.

Once it called my wife while I was talking to a girl at graduate school. Needless to say that really didnt end well..

[quote name='strayfoxx']Once it called my wife while I was talking to a girl at graduate school. Needless to say that really didnt end well..[/QUOTE] Well, it's still "wife", and not "ex-wife", right? :lol:

Get the clamshell version - the VX8600. Nice phone. Doesn't have the touch pad for the number buttons so it's a lot more user friendly.

I think its girly dont go for whatever phone is trendy only retarded people buy the new popular phone every other month.

I like that orange and silver sony phone that flips into a camera its like a year old but who cares get what u like.

Razors break easy they dont do as much as phones that have been out for years.

[quote name='Skelah']I think its girly dont go for whatever phone is trendy only retarded people buy the new popular phone every other month.

I like that orange and silver sony phone that flips into a camera its like a year old but who cares get what u like.

Razors break easy they dont do as much as phones that have been out for years.[/QUOTE]

W500i

[quote name='nickmad']i have the white chocolate and people always ask me if its a new iPod.
its not a chicks phone.[/quote]

yea, i was at a bball game, and i whipped out my white chocolate to see the time, and my friend asked me if that was the new ipod too

weird

[quote name='coltyhuxx']It's a fucking panty-dropper, I'll tell you that much. ;) I get compliments from girls on it all the time. [/QUOTE]

Fact. It's tough getting used to the Chocolate, and it is mostly for looks, but I like it.

It will always be a girly phone to me because right after they came out my wife and I were in a Verizon store getting a phone for her sister for college and next to us was a college age girl with her father. When the dad found out that they would have to pay extra for the phone he suggested that they wait until the end of her contract to upgrade. At that point, in the best whiny voice I had ever heard, the girl said, "But DADDY, I want a CHOCOLATE." Of course, he caved.

We can't watch a commercial for that phone anymore without laughing at that experience.

I don't know about anyone else but after seeing the iPhone, everything else looks like silly crap :p

It kills me because originally Apple wanted to go with Verizon (which pretty much every single person I know has) but Verizon wouldn't agree to Apple's conditions. I'm not going to switch to Cingular just for the iPhone....

One major downside to the Chocolate though is that if you like to use speakerphone, or are driving and need to use speakerphone for lack of a headset, don't get it! As it doesn't have one of them. That and the fact that it looks like it'll break in a heart beat and no 2.5mm headset jack (a big fuck you to cell phone makers that use an adapter), are huge turn offs for me.

I'm up for the upgrade plan myself, but I have to wait till March when my contract runs out. As if I did it now, it would renew both lines on the family share plan I have, and I just want to go down to my own line. I can stick it out for another month. Though I'm deciding between the enV and the Samsung A930. The tech at the Verizon store said that the A930 was a solid phone and she rarely if ever sees people coming in for tech work. Plus my mother has the same model and she has had no problems in the 3 months shes had it...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']One major downside to the Chocolate though is that if you like to use speakerphone, or are driving and need to use speakerphone for lack of a headset, don't get it! As it doesn't have one of them.[/quote]Actually there is a speakerphone on it. You just have to go to an actual verizon wireless store (customer service area), and ask for the firmware update. I forget what it's called, but they should know what you're talking about. It takes about 45min-1hr for them to update your phone though.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Actually there is a speakerphone on it. You just have to go to an actual verizon wireless store (customer service area), and ask for the firmware update. I forget what it's called, but they should know what you're talking about. It takes about 45min-1hr for them to update your phone though.[/quote]

Still bullshit to me. It should have come with it out of the box if thats the case. Either way, any phone that uses an adapter to accept a 2.5mm headset is dead in the water and not worth considering...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Still bullshit to me. It should have come with it out of the box if thats the case. Either way, any phone that uses an adapter to accept a 2.5mm headset is dead in the water and not worth considering...[/quote]Yeah that's the reason they did the firmware update. There were so many complaints about not having a speakerphone/headset jack, that it was a no brainer to update it. Sure the exterior design is sleek, but that's it. Like I said earlier in the thread, DO NOT GET THIS PHONE!!

[quote name='Ma12kez']Yeah that's the reason they did the firmware update. There were so many complaints about not having a speakerphone/headset jack, that it was a no brainer to update it. Sure the exterior design is sleek, but that's it. Like I said earlier in the thread, DO NOT GET THIS PHONE!![/quote]

Exactly. There are other slider phones out, of course they've never seemed to catch on here, and all the good ones are in Europe and Asia...

bread's done
Back