Is the new Batman game a fill in for a Dark Knight game?

pacemakerguy

CAGiversary!
when Dark Knight came out there was never a game, was for batman begins is this new batman game a fill in for it? cause it's got the joker and he kinda looks like the movies

No the new game has nothing to do with the Dark Knight. Pandemic was working on a Dark Knight game but the game was canceled and that team was integrated into other Pandemic teams.

This game is more closely related to Batman the Animated Series since one of the writers and some of the voice actors from the show are doing this game, though I'm pretty sure Arkham Asylum is a stand alone game.

[quote name='fazfznz']Kind of does tie into the film a bit. Joker went to Arkham asylum twice, batman gets stick there.[/QUOTE]
That's similar to saying "Batman is a billionaire, so it ties into the movie." Basically Joker escaping and going back into Arkham Asylum and Batman are all the usual fare in Batman universe. If there were any ties to the movie in the first place (besides the whole visual aspect of how everyone looks versus the movie) then Batman couldn't be seen talking publicly to Gordan after the end of Dark Knight like what's been seen since the very first trailers for the game. That and Nolan strives to make a "realistic" Batman and I don't think a 10 foot tall Killer Croc will help him with that.

Just because Dark Knight was great doesn't mean everything Batman wise has to tie into that movie.

No. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Bale/Nolan Batman universe.

It's also not explicitly tied to or based on any of the comics, or any of the cartoons (though, by virtue of the voice cast featuring Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, it's most closely related to Batman: The Animated Series, I suppose)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']No. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Bale/Nolan Batman universe.

It's also not explicitly tied to or based on any of the comics, or any of the cartoons (though, by virtue of the voice cast featuring Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, it's most closely related to Batman: The Animated Series, I suppose)[/QUOTE]
Well to be fair Kevin Conroy also voiced Batman: Gotham Knight, but I think it has nothing to do with virtue as much as it's HE IS the voice of Batman and Mark Hamil is the voice of joker. Only clear association is Paul Dini of Animated series fame writing, but even that doesn't make it clear since he's writing two Batman comics right now.

Well, I should also mention that the developers have explicitly stated this the game is not directly tied in to or based on any specific pre-existing Batman comic, film, TV series, or anything else. It's stand-alone. A one-shot, if you will.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Well, I should also mention that the developers have explicitly stated this the game is not directly tied in to or based on any specific pre-existing Batman comic, film, TV series, or anything else. It's stand-alone. A one-shot, if you will.[/QUOTE]

witch is why I have high hopes for this game. The batman begins game was bad to say the least, but after playing the demo for thisgame at Target it's looking really nice.

[quote name='lokizz']still waiting for a batman beyond game.....that doesnt suck. or a teen titans game.........that doesnt suck.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid you'll be waiting forever.

bread's done
Back