Is the Silver PS2 becoming Hard to Find or Rare?

dman1869

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
I was just curious because I got a new Silver PS2 for Christmas and I haven't opened it, but going to sell it probably under $120. Is that a mistake or will they maintain their value? And there's no use in lying because it probably won't end up on CAG since I put it my local paper and Craigslist. Thanks for any help in advance.

Here in the UK they are still readily available everywhere and are normally less than 10% more expensive than the black ones - the situation is probably different across the pond.

They were supposed to be limited at first, but they changed their mind and are pretty much everywhere now. We keep getting restocked on them at the Gamestop I work at.

I just went to my Walmart and they had about 10 Silver PS2's. They cant be that rare as I see them at all sorts of places these days. The question is when Wii's will be in stock and stay in stock.

PS2 is a great system, anyone think there will be a final hardware revision before it dies? It would be cool to see a PS3 style disc loading model.

[quote name='willardhaven']PS2 is a great system, anyone think there will be a final hardware revision before it dies? It would be cool to see a PS3 style disc loading model.[/QUOTE]

No way. Sony should focus their efforts on PS3, not the PS2. They're STILL selling hardware like mad, so there's no real point to revise it again. Lets face it, God of War II is the equivalent to a PS2 eulogy.

[quote name='willardhaven']PS2 is a great system, anyone think there will be a final hardware revision before it dies? It would be cool to see a PS3 style disc loading model.[/quote]

Disc loading mechanisms are more expensive than fliptop lids, so I doubt thats anything were going to see on a future PS2 model. I doubt there will be any further revisions to the PS2, as its pretty cheap and streamlined already. What would they do, make it smaller? :)

bread's done
Back