Is there a fight night round 4 in the works?

yummytyson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
With round 3 having so much success, is there going to be a round 4? I know that the studio that produced round 3 closed but is there any hope of us getting fight night round 4?

[quote name='yummytyson']Averaging an 85% on gamerankings for XB360 is pretty good, plus the graphics on round 3 is amazing.[/QUOTE]
What the hell do review scores have to do with it?

I guess if EA's idea of "successful" is "having really cool graphics in the opinion of ymmytyson", then yeah, it was a smashing success.

But seriously, after looking up the real measure of success, I found the X360 version sold 1.6 mill. That's not bad. Certainly sequel-worth, I'd think.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']no.. there won't be a round 4, as ea closed down the studio that produces fight night. Something about sales not performing up to estimates.

here's an article about it... i guess they could just have one of their other studios make it though.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164189[/QUOTE]

Wrong on one account. Right on the other.

Round 4 is coming from EA Vancouver. Which isn't too surprising because they've only being doing soccer related titles and it was just more cost effective to hand Fight Night off to another studio that effectively recycles the same year's game into eighty five different flavors than keep EA Chicago going. I mean, after they've done FIFA's engine for Year X, they probably just sit on their asses for 10 months of the year.

[quote name='terribledeli']Wrong on one account. Right on the other.

Round 4 is coming from EA Vancouver. Which isn't too surprising because they've only being doing soccer related titles and it was just more cost effective to hand Fight Night off to another studio that effectively recycles the same year's game into eighty five different flavors than keep EA Chicago going. I mean, after they've done FIFA's engine for Year X, they probably just sit on their asses for 10 months of the year.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that FIFA does tend to change more than the typical EA series each year. This has led some people to call older versions significantly better sometimes.

The FNR series isn't acutally bad compared to the rest of EA's half-assed sports titles. I think 2K Sports is trying to outdo them with a boxing game of their own, featuring Don King.

Fight Night 3 was a solid game with fucking amazing graphics, but they really screwed up the career mode from the second game. Hopefully if/when the follow-up arrives they can take the best from both games and expand on it.

I cant wait for round 4, I own round 3 for 360 , ps3 (got it for cheap and love the first person mode), and psp (also got it for cheap).

It seems like someone is/should come out with an MMA game, as it is much much more popular than Boxing right now, especially for the Xbox 360 and PS3 demographics.

[quote name='bil4ltool']It seems like someone is/should come out with an MMA game, as it is much much more popular than Boxing right now, especially for the Xbox 360 and PS3 demographics.[/quote]

The Dreamcast UFC game was fantastic, but I agree with your statement. A solid MMA title is more realistic/timely now than it was when it was on Dreamcast. That UFC game was awesome though.

Really though, I'd like both. I loved the Fight Nights, ten times better than any Knockout Kings before it and was probably EA Sports' best output the year Round 3 came out.

Yeah I had read in Game informer the lead of the series was moved out and the offices closed down due to under performance.

I love the boxing games. I have yet to play round 3 I will see what its worth on Goozex.

You either like the sport or you don't.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']no.. there won't be a round 4, as ea closed down the studio that produces fight night.[/quote] EA also closed Westwood, who created Command & Conquer. Look where that eneded up.

I wouldn't mind a sequel. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I actually enjoyed the game.

trying to find RND 3 for $10. Played it at a friend's and now it's all we play when we have friends get together. Even with only 2 people playing at a time, it's very entertaining. And the punch control is awesome.

bread's done
Back