Is there a phone number where I can contact FYE?

evilwrath666

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I got a gift card for Christmas for FYE so I reluctantly decided to order something from there despite their completely awful prices. Well anyway, they forgot a part of my order even though its listed on the receipt that came in the box.

Is there anyway I can call this place? I can only find a way to email them, this is such a nightmare.

1-800-818-1941 according to http://www.dvdtalk.com/csr.html.

I had a package show up with the goods stolen once a couple of years ago. They said they couldn't do anything about it because it was USPS's responsibility and to file a claim with them. Haven't ordered from them since and never will.

I have no idea how FYE stays in business. Awful company with terrible prices. Hardly anyone ever buys anything there. Yet there are still a lot of them around. Makes no sense.

I don't know how they stay in business either, the ones here don't carry video games anymore, and I don't listen to the type of music they carry and I really don't have any interest in Bluray's or DVD's so I have no reason to go in FYE stores. I guess there are enough gift giving buyers out there who still need a physical media store to buy things at however I wouldn't expect this chain to last long.

They're a great chain to flip games to(if you have a store near you that still takes games:roll:) and you typically make 2-3x what you paid if you take credit. They offer 25% more in value on top of the base value w/o having to buy a silly fuckin' loyalty card like Rapestop.

Moreover, they only take in usually mint/complete stuff when they take in used media, so if you buy a game from them chances are it'll actually look like it was taken care of and not like someone gave it to their baby to use as a teething ring or that someone used the coverart as toilet paper when they ran out.:roll:

You can find deals if you look hard enough. For example, they had The Dark Knight about 3-6 months after it came out on DVD/Blu-Ray for $5.99/$7.99 for either the DVD or BR collector's edition with another purchase(pack of gum qualifies as 'another purchase';)).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They're a great chain to flip games to(if you have a store near you that still takes games:roll:) and you typically make 2-3x what you paid if you take credit. They offer 25% more in value on top of the base value w/o having to buy a silly fuckin' loyalty card like Rapestop.

Moreover, they only take in usually mint/complete stuff when they take in used media, so if you buy a game from them chances are it'll actually look like it was taken care of and not like someone gave it to their baby to use as a teething ring or that someone used the coverart as toilet paper when they ran out.:roll:

You can find deals if you look hard enough. For example, they had The Dark Knight about 3-6 months after it came out on DVD/Blu-Ray for $5.99/$7.99 for either the DVD or BR collector's edition with another purchase(pack of gum qualifies as 'another purchase';)).[/QUOTE]

This sounds like Gamestop. I think the condition of stuff at FYE depends on location. They take almost any condition games at my FYE.

[quote name='The Punisher']This sounds like Gamestop. I think the condition of stuff at FYE depends on location. They take almost any condition games at my FYE.[/QUOTE]
Aside from a couple things I've very rarely if ever seen any incomplete or scratched up games at the local FYE that still takes games. But it does largely depend on the employees to keep the standards up there and not sink to GS levels.:booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Aside from a couple things I've very rarely if ever seen any incomplete or scratched up games at the local FYE that still takes games. But it does largely depend on the employees to keep the standards up there and not sink to GS levels.:booty:[/QUOTE]

At the FYE at my local mall (when they still carried games) they would have incomplete games (used games that would be in generic DVD cases with very crappy printed art work). I once bought a used game there too and since it was re-sealed I couldn't open it to check the condition in the store. When I got home it was so scratched that the console wouldn't read it. It wasn't just moderate, typical use scratches - it was scratched to hell. They did offer cash refunds back, though, so I didn't lose anything on that one. But it doesn't really matter around here anymore considering the local FYE's stopped carrying games, though I do miss their outrageous trade-in credit (I have fond memories of shovelware like Room Zoom being $10 at GS and trading it for $26 at FYE in the same mall.)

[quote name='Rozz']At the FYE at my local mall (when they still carried games) they would have incomplete games (used games that would be in generic DVD cases with very crappy printed art work). I once bought a used game there too and since it was re-sealed I couldn't open it to check the condition in the store. When I got home it was so scratched that the console wouldn't read it. It wasn't just moderate, typical use scratches - it was scratched to hell. They did offer cash refunds back, though, so I didn't lose anything on that one. But it doesn't really matter around here anymore considering the local FYE's stopped carrying games, though I do miss their outrageous trade-in credit (I have fond memories of shovelware like Room Zoom being $10 at GS and trading it for $26 at FYE in the same mall.)[/QUOTE]
For me it was :ps2:Powerdrome Racing, which was $.99-$1.99 at GS and traded in for $14+ at FYE for a long time. I got a slim PStwo that way when they were still $150 new.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For me it was :ps2:Powerdrome Racing, which was $.99-$1.99 at GS and traded in for $14+ at FYE for a long time. I got a slim PStwo that way when they were still $150 new.:lol:[/QUOTE]

everytime i read that story, i masterbate 10 times

bread's done
Back