Is there any chance Gamestop will return this?

facemeat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Well, add another to the list who have had terrible experiences at GS. Today, I stopped into a GS just to browse and maybe pick up something cheap. I ended up buying a used copy of Dynasty Tactics 2 and was on my way. I just got home a little while ago, opened the case, and what do you know..there's no game in it. Even if they won't return it, I'm only out $5, but this is still totally unacceptable. By the way, the employee at the store was horrible. The entire time I was there, they were talking to someone about a sewing machine (wtf?), then she refused to exchange someone's defective game because it was bought during the b2g1 sale.

You'll never know until you guy try....but they might not believe you

Thankfully this never happened to me before, when I go to the register I keep my eye on the guy and make sure they put the right disc in. If they make a mistake I speak up.

If they check their count, they should be positive one from whatever the computer says. So if the computer says he's supposed to have 2, and there's 3, your story is valid. I'd speak to the store manager, though.

I would say you have a decent shot at it. For someone to come back out for a $5 is believable in my mind. If someone said that their Resident Evil 5 did not have the game in it then I would be suspicious. For a $5 I dont think they will give you a problem. You can also just count the number of cases on the wall and then ask how many they have behind the desk. Since your telling the truth their should be one extra.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Thankfully this never happened to me before, when I go to the register I keep my eye on the guy and make sure they put the right disc in. If they make a mistake I speak up.[/quote]

Exactly. And I'm sure someone will say, "Well, I shouldn't have to do that. This is why GameStop sucks." But I do this everywhere with everything, and I've caught plenty of people screwing stuff up at places other than GS.

[quote name='Scorch']If they check their count, they should be positive one from whatever the computer says. So if the computer says he's supposed to have 2, and there's 3, your story is valid. I'd speak to the store manager, though.[/quote]

[quote name='NJMane']I would say you have a decent shot at it. For someone to come back out for a $5 is believable in my mind. If someone said that their Resident Evil 5 did not have the game in it then I would be suspicious. For a $5 I dont think they will give you a problem. You can also just count the number of cases on the wall and then ask how many they have behind the desk. Since your telling the truth their should be one extra.[/quote]

Indeed, indeed. Good posts. Hopefully, you will be able to resolve this issue without much hassle. I agree with Scorch completely. Ask to speak to the manager, especially if that same crappy employee is there.

Hmm....interesting. The ones I went to, the guys check to make sure that it's the correct game. Maybe it's because of that employee. Try to go at a different time hoping it's someone else. Good luck.

[quote name='Scorch']If they check their count, they should be positive one from whatever the computer says. So if the computer says he's supposed to have 2, and there's 3, your story is valid. I'd speak to the store manager, though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, GA's (the loser part time people) can't see the store inventory.

Kind of same thing happened to me-- they gave me Gear of War 1 LE when I bought GoW 2 LE used. I didn't realize it until a month later when I popped it in, but I called, they checked their inventory, and luckily it was my savior. They had an unaccounted for GoW 2 LE disc set, and an empty GoW 1 box, so the proof was in the pudding.

One time a GS clerk gave me the first Zone of the Enders game when I had bought the second one. The employee let me swap the discs with no argument when I went back the next day. I don't think they'll let you return the game, but they will give you the disc that was supposed to be with your purchase.

bread's done
Back