Is there any chance of a trade-in deal on last gen games again?

chickenhawk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
162 (100%)
I know it's along shot, but I am sitting on 100 or so last gen games hoping for a trade-in deal. I am not as in tune with what's going on in the world of gaming deals these days, but I am starting to lose hope. Might just have to ebay them or try to move them here.....

Anyone have any input? Thanks from a long time and now a little bit out of touch CAG! :)

CLARIFICATION: By last gen, I am referring to PS2, Xbox and GCN games.

PS: Shrike, if in the wrong category, please move. Thanks!

Gamestop has a deal right now where you can get 30% more than you normally would if you trade in five or more games. You can also check wherehouse.com to see what kind of cash FYE will give you, or add 25% to the price listed there for the amount they'd give you in store credit.

If neither of those is appealing, I agree that your best bet is just to sell/trade them here or put them on eBay.

Those still qualify for the extra % whenever EBStop runs the trade 5 get an extra 20 or whatever %, which is the only time to trade in there anyways.

I haven't seen any trade X number of games for this new release in a while (which imho was the only other worthwhile trade in deal) in a long time.

I'd either sell / trade here, Ebay or Goozex 'em.

Thanks for the responses...I was hoping for a trade in X number of games, get an extra $10 or something. The extra % doesn't provide that much additional benefit because they are all older games.

I think I just need to accept the fact that I'll have to sell them. It's just so much easier to trade them in. Bummer....

I would say it's very unlikely with Xbox & GCN games, because most EB/GS stores are slimming down that inventory with the expansion of the Wii, PS3 & Xbox 360 games. PS2 games, not sure though it also doesn't seem likely.

[quote name='shrike4242']I would say it's very unlikely with Xbox & GCN games, because most EB/GS stores are slimming down that inventory with the expansion of the Wii, PS3 & Xbox 360 games. PS2 games, not sure though it also doesn't seem likely.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I think you're right. Expect a new trade list soon then. ;)

bread's done
Back