IS there any plans for a black DS?

N5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Is there any info of a BLACK colored DS being released? I don't like the silver one and I want a black one but haven't seen one and have held off on buying one in the hopes of it coming out. :(

I know there is a JAP black DS but would that play US DS region games? Otherwise there is no point in getting one.

I'm sure they'll release a black one once DS sales have stedied a bit more... black is a very popular color. The SP sales got a boost with the release of the black SP, so a black DS is only a matter of time.

Of course, you could import a Japanese one or pay too much for the one from the NY Nintendo store.

it's that time again, that time when I mention how I have a black DS and then fade back into the darkness... with my black DS, which fades quite nicely...

[quote name='N5']Is there any info of a BLACK colored DS being released? I don't like the silver one and I want a black one but haven't seen one and have held off on buying one in the hopes of it coming out. :(

I know there is a JAP black DS but would that play US DS region games? Otherwise there is no point in getting one.[/QUOTE]

i have a gut feeling that the black DS will Launch with the Metroid Prime Hunters Bundle

im holding out till then

I was going to also, to hold out that is, but when I snagged a silver one for 99 bucks using the Target misprint, and in addition, got a free travel kit since I PMed at a gamestop, it was just too good a deal to pass up because I was waiting for a black colored unit. I can now wait and see if a redesign happens and if its worth it, but ill be happy with silver considering it was 30 bucks cheaper. Plus, my screen protectors went on flawlessly without any dust or bubbling underneath and the screens so far appear flawless and without any dead pixels.

I wouldnt want to import a black one and end up with a dead pixel, which I would likely be stuck with unless I sent the unit away to Nintendo for a long repair process.

[quote name='undyingforce5']i have a gut feeling that the black DS will Launch with the Metroid Prime Hunters Bundle[/QUOTE]
Unless Nintendo releases some poorly conceived yellow/orange/red/green DS for Metroid... Now a well-designed one I'd be interested to see.

Why the system isn't Black from launch, I will never understand. I mean, look at the colors they have given us right now; red, teal, blue (the best available in my opinion), silver, and pink. Why no black?

bread's done
Back