Is there any reason NOT to buy a white Japanese PSP?

Unassuming Local Guy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
For only $30 more I could pick up a white Japanese PSP instead of the black US value pack I plan on buying soon. Are there any problems that would come from buying a Japanese PSP? Can I still modify it just as a US handheld? Can I set the menu to all English?

Doesn't that look sexy?

psp-console-cw-jpn1.jpg

The other disadvantage is cost, Giga pack is $300, white PSP plus at least a 1gb stick is probably around $380 after all is siad and done. Personally I don't think having a white PSP would be worth and additional $80, but to each his own.

There really isn't that many disadvantages outside of not being able to play the movies so I would say if it is what you want I would go for it.

memory card movies look crappy compared to umd. plus, you might want to check in stores around now. i heard rumors of different colors coming our way. only rumors though.

[quote name='HERETOSTAY']My White PSP arrived from whiterabbitpress today. Got to me in 3 business days.[/QUOTE]

That price is pretty unbelievable. $228 for a white Value Pack is $20 less than the domestic one. Is this the real deal or are they confusing the Value Pack with some bare-bones version?

[quote name='siamesellama']That price is pretty unbelievable. $228 for a white Value Pack is $20 less than the domestic one. Is this the real deal or are they confusing the Value Pack with some bare-bones version?[/QUOTE]

It's the value pack that includes the 32mb Duo Stick, head phones, pouch, and wristband. The price will go up because of the shipping charges. They are afterall shipping it from Toyko, Japan, so it payiing for Express Air Mail wasn't an issue with me.

I've very happy with it. I've set up the wifi settings and everything else. Now I just have to buy other accessories: 1GB Duo Stick, Hori Screen Protector, and one of those Logitech cases.

[quote name='HERETOSTAY']It's the value pack that includes the 32mb Duo Stick, head phones, pouch, and wristband. The price will go up because of the shipping charges. They are afterall shipping it from Toyko, Japan, so it payiing for Express Air Mail wasn't an issue with me.

I've very happy with it. I've set up the wifi settings and everything else. Now I just have to buy other accessories: 1GB Duo Stick, Hori Screen Protector, and one of those Logitech cases.[/QUOTE]

Did yours have any dead pixels?

[quote name='jax_the_ax15']i would have to agree[/QUOTE]

It's different, which is the majority of the reason I want one. People who know PSPs won't care about another black one but a white one will get some looks.

So what's the official word on modding? Can I do it with a Japanese PSP?

[quote name='Grugger']I'm getting one for Christmas. So I don't see why not. You can find them for 277 dollars shipped.[/QUOTE]

It cost me only $254 shipped from White Rabbit Press.

[quote name='Bezerker']the faceplate doesnt change the colors of the buttons :p[/QUOTE]

next time I play a game, I'll make it a point to stare at the buttons rather than the game.

[quote name='souNReAL']regular psp + random face plate >> white psp + getting ass-rammed for import fees.[/QUOTE]

It did, and still does, cost less to buy an imported white PSP from White Rabbit Press than it does to buy a domestic black PSP from a US store. As I said earlier, $254 shipped is what we paid, whereas it would be $250 plus about $15 in tax here.

Mmm white PSP. If I ever come across some extra money, I might get one. .got a white Nintendo DS as a Christmas present from Lik-Sang. :)

[quote name='savestheday888']Beware of the dead pixels. How will you return it?[/QUOTE]

Import sites like Lik-Sang have a guarantee on dead pixels where if it has a certain number you can send it back..wonder what that certain number is..:whistle2:?

[quote name='Bezerker']the faceplate doesnt change the colors of the buttons :p[/QUOTE]

Dude you can my diff colors of buttons.

Holy crap, I can say that this totally kicks the black PSP's ass. I have it in my hands and don't ever want it to leave them...

[quote name='retrogaming']Go for it, if you really like white over black.[/QUOTE]

Does the white PSP smudge less?

the black one is beyatch to clean since you can see all the fingerprints.

Take it from an iPod owner. White gets fucked up. I take care of my electronics hardcore and after two and a half year it's just not looking as pretty.

bread's done
Back