Is there any reason to keep my Gamecube???

cag1000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
I have a Wii. So should I even keep my Gamecube. I could prob sell it now to get the most value out of it but is there any reason to keep it? Have there been any GC game discovered that do not play on the Wii at all. Can my GC be "changed" to get some added use out of it? Should I sell on ebay?. Should I trade, what's the trade in value plus any bonus credit? What would you guys do?

You only get $20 if you trade it in, plus you need to add a controller and memory card for the $20. I would just keep it.

I use mine to get friends into gaming...i just let them barrow it for a week until they get hooked and want videogames.

[quote name='magiic']I kept mine for travel[/quote]
this is why I'd keep mine if I had a Wii...just set it up in the car to a TV either mounted or strapped to the seat, and you're set for a looong trip or whatever :D

I've done that a few times and it really makes the time fly xD

I second the notion about the Gameboy Advance Player. I was using mine last night, it's a blast. I forgot how fun Super Mario Advance is.

hmm sounds like you have convinced me. Maybe I should keep it for the GBA player, which I don't have yet. And for hooking up in an SUV. Thanx.

Now for the next question:

Should I keep my fat DS and buy a DS Lite or Sell my fat DS and use the funds for a DS Lite?

Gamecube + GB Player + component cables = 480p big screen gameboy bliss

It's expensive to put the pieces together though.

If you're still playing a lot of Gamecube stuff and GBA Player, then it's much more sound to keep your Gamecube alongside your Wii. You can save some wear and tear on your Wii that way.

The only real advantage to using the Wii-GCN backward compatibility is that it's much easier to play GC games in 480p via component, as it's much harder to get that same setup on the Gamecube without paying large premiums.

[quote name='ma']Gamecube + GB Player + component cables = 480p big screen gameboy bliss

It's expensive to put the pieces together though.[/QUOTE]

The piece that I'm missing currently is the Gamecube with digital out - I've got everything else taken care of.

^ I'd watch out for that guy since I've read that he's a bad trader. Just looked at his list and he demands that you pay first before he ships anything. Based on his low feedback (2), I'd be cautious.

I have a Wii and will be keeping my GC. Mainly because I have no Wavebirds and my 7yo son (and myself) still play a lot of GC games. I'd rather not yank the Wii off the shelf by a tethered GC controller. So I'll keep the GC until it dies or I can locate 4 Wavebirds.

Right now, the GC is for GC games and the Wii is for Wii games. Wish I had a GBA Player, though...

I'd consider selling the DSPhat and putting the money towards a DSLite.

After a co-worker literally used my phatty to sell a DS Lite, pointing out all of the flaws and comparisons, I got rid of it and used the funds towards a Lite.

I keep my Gamecube for the Gameboy Player, but if you have no interest in playing GBA games on a television then you might as well sell it. Just remember that you're not going to get anything for it without a controller and memory card (both of which are still needed to play on Gamecube games on the Wii.)

[quote name='yukine']Just remember that you're not going to get anything for it without a controller and memory card (both of which are still needed to play on Gamecube games on the Wii.)[/quote]
Ain't it grand how places ask you to trade those in, yet sell you the system and remote without the memory card?

Also, if you're up for it, there are private servers for Phantasy Star Online since the official ones have been closed. Can't play PSO's online mode with a Wii.

[quote name='Tsukento']
Also, if you're up for it, there are private servers for Phantasy Star Online since the official ones have been closed. Can't play PSO's online mode with a Wii.[/QUOTE]

Hey, while I'm thinking about that...

Do you need to use a Gameshark type device in order to get to the private servers? I have the great ports of PSO Episode I & II and I just found a BBA for like 2.99

There's actually two methods. One doesn't require it (most used method), other does. The one that doesn't merely requires a change of DNS numbers and what not. Feel free to PM me if you want more details. :)

[quote name='cag1000']
Should I keep my fat DS and buy a DS Lite or Sell my fat DS and use the funds for a DS Lite?[/quote]

Sell Phat, get Lite. You can easily get $90 for it on ebay, then there's only a $40 dollar difference.

The only reason that I can think of to keep a gamecube is for the GB player. And the GB player through component.

Once I get a Wii, I'm going to put my gamecube away until I get the component cables.

bread's done
Back