is there anything on the Wiimote to indicate battery life?

omegaweapon7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Seriously, when was the last time you changed the battery in your TV remote BEFORE it dies? If that shit dies on me during a game, ill be seriously pissed. i dont even have a way to pause the game!

[quote name='omegaweapon7']Seriously, when was the last time you changed the battery in your TV remote BEFORE it dies? If that shit dies on me during a game, ill be seriously pissed. i dont even have a way to pause the game![/QUOTE]

Good grief - you make it sound like batteries will die every 20 minutes. With the reported 20+ hours of battery life you won't need to change it very often. And you'll probably notice some unresponsiveness before the batteries die.

What does the 360 controller do? I think the Wavebird doesn't have any battery indicator and no one complained about that.

As for an on-screen indicator, I'd imagine Mario starts to fall asleep while playing Galaxy when it's time to change the juice.

The Wavebird light blinks a bit before it goes. And the same is supposed to be true for the remote. The four lights on the bottom indicate which controller slot it is (first player, second player, etc) and it starts blinking when the battery is dying.

I remember reading somewhere that the four lights at the bottom act as a charge "meter" when you first turn on the remote. So if it's fully charged, all four lights will blink when you turn it on. If only the first one blinks then it's time to get some fresh batteries ready.

Then after you turn it on I think the lights resume their normal function as player indicators. Wish I could source this but I forget where I saw it.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I remember reading somewhere that the four lights at the bottom act as a charge "meter" when you first turn on the remote. So if it's fully charged, all four lights will blink when you turn it on. If only the first one blinks then it's time to get some fresh batteries ready.

Then after you turn it on I think the lights resume their normal function as player indicators. Wish I could source this but I forget where I saw it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's what I remember reading. I cant remember where it was from though.

[quote name='botticus']That's weird, cause my Wavebird started blinking erratically the one time I've had to change batteries.[/QUOTE]

That would just be the voltage fluctuating because the batteries were just on the brink of having sufficient voltage and not. Probably it had sufficient voltage to "start" but as soon as it did it would draw too much and die, and kept repeating ad infinitum. The Wavebird has no indicator, save maybe some slight dimming of the light. Too bad, the GBA switched from green to red when the voltage dropped enough, though that's not a true indicator of battery life, especially for rechargables which start out with a lower voltage than normal batteries but hold it much longer.

bread's done
Back