Is there anyway to keep the xbox 360 controller on while watching netflix ?

I always watch netflix and whenever I want to pause it my controller is always off and I hate the hassle of turning it back on just to do so.

Is there anyways other than plugging in a play n charge kit to keep it on at all times ?

....if not....good job Microsoft :roll::roll:

I say go with the remote. It's nice to not have to turn controller off and on a dozen times when your being called to ask to do something.

Yeah, good job Microsoft, trying to save battery life by having the controller turn itself off while not in use. Way to be assholes.

[quote name='Ziv']Yeah, good job Microsoft, trying to save battery life by having the controller turn itself off while not in use. Way to be assholes.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

---

It's not that hard...either plug it in, or wiggle the stick every 15-20 minutes to have it stay on.

I do kind of see at least one reason why the auto-off is annoying. If you're party-watching something, you are not alerted when your controller goes off like you are in games. There have been incidents where I or someone in my party is silent for a long stretch of time, then finally realize their controller turned off.

The option should be there to either turn off the automatic controller shutdown or adjust the length of inactivity required until it does turn off.

It seemed like in an earlier version of the dashboard, that there was a way to disable the auto off feature. Not sure if there still is. You can get a media remote so cheap these days that it may be more worth it to go that route. Plus, voice/motion controls for Kinect are supposedly coming to Netflix with the next dashboard update.

This drives me nuts, especially when watching tv series on Netflix. The only solution is to press a button every few minutes, or get a remote.

Just get the media remote. It works well and it also can control your TV. Win. Only problem I have with it is that for some reason on my TV, the volume control isn't continuous. I mean, you can't just press and hold up or down volume, you have to keep tapping it. But it's not a huge problem, just a small annoyance. Otherwise it works great and this might not be an issue on other TVs. I don't know.

Am I the only person that thinks pushing the button on the controller is NOT a hassle?

I use my Harmony One anyways....but really?

Yeah, the harmony remotes are great. I've had the 360 model for years.

I'll never go back to anything else as it's so simple and anyone who comes over can easily use my home theater system where before it was near impossible to show my parents how to use it with having to turn on three devices to watch TV (TV, a/v receiver, directv box) and make sure the tv and receiver were on the right input. Now all that's done with one labeled button push so it's pretty much idiot proof.

So yeah, get a remote if you're watching a lot of netflix on the 360 as it's easier to deal with than using the controller. If you just have a TV and a 360, maybe get a cheaper one than a Harmony I guess. But if you have a full home theater (tv, receiver, sat/cable box, dvd/blu ray player, game consoles etc.) Harmony remotes are worth every penny.

[quote name='doubledown']Am I the only person that thinks pushing the button on the controller is NOT a hassle?

I use my Harmony One anyways....but really?[/QUOTE]

I can see it being a hassle if it's something like the phone rings or someone's at the door and you need to pause and have to wait a few seconds for the controller to turn on and connect. But certainly no major inconvenience.

I know nothing of this "media remote" but I can guarantee it's cheaper than constantly replacing the batteries in your controller. I hate even leaving it on during long cutscenes, and I get mad if the cutscene will stop playing when my controller is off. Which is probably worse on the batteries than just leaving it on.

Is it really that annoying to just hit the guide button for a second to turn it back on? Just do as everyone else says and buy a media remote. I have a harmony 360 remote for sale or trade in my thread. Then you can control everything.

Stupid question maybe, but for those with that Harmony remote, can you use the remote to turn on the PS3 and/or Wii as well as the 360?

Buy a Harmony remote. They are awesome and worth the money. Also when people come over and see you own one it gives you instant gadget geek cred.

[quote name='masked lemon']Stupid question maybe, but for those with that Harmony remote, can you use the remote to turn on the PS3 and/or Wii as well as the 360?[/QUOTE]

PS3 it should work but you'd need an IR adapter for the PS3. Wii I'm not sure. There wasn't a way to use it years back when I had one, but I have no idea if they have an IR remote adapter for the Wii now that it has netflix etc.

bread's done
Back