Is this a fad?

Because it's winter? And it's been a snowy one thus far in the US, with even the south getting snow?

Just a guess. I have avatars etc. turned off on all the forums I visit so I haven't seen them.

I thought they were only around for Chirstmas / holiday season. I didn't really expect most of them to still be around personally.

And I disagree about the snow. Then again, it seems I'm in the one part that hasn't gotten squat yet for snow this year (which makes me happy).

[quote name='JStryke']
And I disagree about the snow. Then again, it seems I'm in the one part that hasn't gotten squat yet for snow this year (which makes me happy).[/QUOTE]

Really? Which part of WV are you in? My parents live in north central WV and have gotten a ton of snow this year already.

I thought this thread would have been on homosexuality, don't get me wrong, I have gay friends but it seems like more people act gay for attention.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Really? Which part of WV are you in? My parents live in north central WV and have gotten a ton of snow this year already.[/QUOTE]

Eastern Panhandle, right around I-81. I know there's been some good storms that went through, but we keep getting the edge or just barely missing. The worst snow we got so far this year (iirc) was the week of Jan 10th. I think we ended up with around 2 inches or so.

[quote name='JStryke']Eastern Panhandle, right around I-81. I know there's been some good storms that went through, but we keep getting the edge or just barely missing. The worst snow we got so far this year (iirc) was the week of Jan 10th. I think we ended up with around 2 inches or so.[/QUOTE]
We just got about 4 inches on Thursday.

I admit, having just moved here last year, I don't know exactly what areas "eastern panhandle" covers, but I'm down in Martinsburg. As far as I can tell, you're a good ways away from me Josh.

[quote name='JStryke']Eastern Panhandle, right around I-81. I know there's been some good storms that went through, but we keep getting the edge or just barely missing. The worst snow we got so far this year (iirc) was the week of Jan 10th. I think we ended up with around 2 inches or so.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that makes sense. That area of the state doesn't get nearly as much snow as the north central part or the eastern mountains (south west of the panhandle).

That's the one lower elevation, relatively flat part of the "mountain state." :D

[quote name='JStryke']I admit, having just moved here last year, I don't know exactly what areas "eastern panhandle" covers, but I'm down in Martinsburg. As far as I can tell, you're a good ways away from me Josh.[/QUOTE]
No, when I said "we" I wasn't referring to the eastern panhandle. I'm not in the eastern panhandle, I just meant "we" as in the city of Morgantown. You're right.

Morgantown is roughly 3 hours west of Martinsburg, FYI. Straight over I-68 to get there. Again, a lot more snow in that area than in the Eastern Panhandle. And even more an hour or two to the south and east of Morgantown.

bread's done
Back