Is this a good deal?

Yusuke-Urameshi-

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The ad is:

" This is for a broken XBOX 360 core system. There are no red lights, but the CD Tray won't open. This item is being sold as-is. It has all the cables and power cords. It comes with a wired controller and Need For Speed Carbon. "

It'll cost $125. Basically, what I want to know is how easy / expensive will it be to fix the DVD tray or is it even possible to?

if you wanted it fixed/replaced, you'd have to pay microsoft to fix it. I don't quite remember what it costs though.

i would suggest just buy a premium new or a new core its not going to be worth the hassle of trying to fix something that is broken (unless you have experience doing the xclamp fix)

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']The ad is:

" This is for a broken XBOX 360 core system. There are no red lights, but the CD Tray won't open. This item is being sold as-is. It has all the cables and power cords. It comes with a wired controller and Need For Speed Carbon. "

It'll cost $125. Basically, what I want to know is how easy / expensive will it be to fix the DVD tray or is it even possible to?

[/quote]
You might want to check LLAMA.com They have some tutorials and pics talking you through some repairs. I know they used to give you a credit for dead XBoxes towards buying a refurb from them as well. They might work on it cheap enough to make it a worth while risk.

If you can confirm it is just that the tray won't open there is always the manual ejection port under the faceplate, kind of like on a PC-just straighten a larger size paper clip (I had to do this for a while). If you can't lay hands on the unit before buying I wouldn't risk it.

Good Luck!

That might be a small problem. It looks like something is stuck in the cd drive. A good take apart and reassemble of the drive might fix the problem but im not sure.

bread's done
Back